Sign in to follow this  

SLO County, CA: Cal Poly Penguins Dualsport

Howdy Dualsporters!

This is just a reminder that the annual High Mountain Dualsport ride is coming up on April 25. Come and check out some of the more scenic street sections in SLO county, and enjoy riding on private ranch lands rarely enjoyed by the public! Oh yeah, and eat some killer BBQ along the way 👍 . See the flyer and more information here: http://www.cppenguinsmc.com/ .

We hope to see you there!🤣

This ride is one of the classic events offered for Dualsporters. It used to be an offroad event but has morphed into one of the best rides on two wheels. The Penguins, a Cal Poly student club, is able to secure routes on private ranches in some of the most pristine riding areas anywhere. You literally are riding along a 2 foot wide single track through knee high grass at some stages of the ride. The bbq lunch in the middle of the whole thing is a logistic miracle to say the least.

I haven't missed this ride in 10 years, I'm looking forward to this years installment. A bunch of us will be at Jockos in Nipomo Saturday night for our traditional steak dinner, join us if you can.

Thanks for all your efforts JoanieBalonie!

Did this ride in 07 and 08...............07 was a blast.

But for some reason, 08 was a dusty zoo and we had a number of LONG breaks as we waited for the bottle necks to clear at the bottom of some simple hill climbs (for us).

Long lines at the top of descents too.

As we waited for our turns in those lines, we had some "people" who would blast past everyone with total disregard. That kind of sucked too.

We'll see what the weather brings.

If it's cool weather, maybe we'll go for one more time.

It beats doing yard work.

I will say this.......some outstanding terrain to ride.

If the hills are still green, then it's a "Must Ride" if you've never done it.

Now I'm getting myself all itchy to go....

Edited by G-Bone
additions

A bunch of us will be at Jockos in Nipomo Saturday night for our traditional steak dinner, join us if you can.

Thanks for all your efforts JoanieBalonie!

One of the best steaks I've ever had!

Be sure you at least appear legal and have a spark arrestor as the forest service did a little check in the middle of the ride last year.

Great ride, be sure to survey the water crossings, some pretty deep ones.

Is a plate and mirrors considerd "apearing" legal? Or do I need to glue some signals on there too? 👍

Is a plate and mirrors considerd "apearing" legal? Or do I need to glue some signals on there too? 👍

This is all I currently have as well...how strict are the "inspections"?

Is this ride open to the public? Or just sudents at Cal-Poly?

I'm tempted to participate, normally we're at Lake Crowley for the eastern sierra trout opener. In the event the weather doesn't cooperate, it would be nice to have a ride to fall back on.

I think the forest service was more worried about spark arresters than anything.

Ride is open to everyone.

Is it the forest service doing the inspections? If so, they should not be concerned if I have blinkers in the dirt!