2010 BMW G450x seat

I just spent an hour on a 2010 G450x, the seat is a brick.... I do have an idea. The 2010 Honda CRF250R seat looks to be the same length it even has a similar profile, and has the "forked front" by the gas cap, very similar to BMW.

Soooo..... get a speedbrain seat kit (also too hard) remove the foam and cover, add a "guts" tall soft CRF250R seat kit to the speedbrain seat base, and I bet you will end up with a very nice workable seat.

I may just have to test this out....

The speedbrain seat gets rid of the gas cap opening in the stock seat, speedbrain uses a quick release style seat instead, and no gas cap opening, I think this is better.

You probably can use the stock base, but part of my goal was the gas cap hole elimination.

I just spent an hour on a 2010 G450x, the seat is a brick.... I do have an idea. The 2010 Honda CRF250R seat looks to be the same length it even has a similar profile, and has the "forked front" by the gas cap, very similar to BMW.

Soooo..... get a speedbrain seat kit (also too hard) remove the foam and cover, add a "guts" tall soft CRF250R seat kit to the speedbrain seat base, and I bet you will end up with a very nice workable seat.

I may just have to test this out....

Let me know how that works out. I took the tall Speedbrain seat off and went back to the stock 09 seat. The '10 seat is supposed to be better contoured, but that's all subjective. I was thinking about sending out the speedbrain seat to Renazco and let him work his magic.

Yes it is a quick release seat, much like the last couple of generations of husaberg. Very quick and simple to use. The other advantage is it will actually keep the fuel cap area cleaner than the stock set up, as the dent in the seat for the fuel plug can and does fill with mud, when you pull the rubber plug, you tend to get some mud around the fuel stopper.

The Speedbrain style, the entire fuel tank is covered by the seat, when you lift the full seat off you expose the fuel tank and a cleaner gas cap.

I just like a seat that does not feel like a brick, when you are going through stutter bumps and whoops, sometimes the seat clips yer behind, and it can really smart! especially if you get the rubber plug on the tail bone!!!

Bobby, Can you give us some feedback on the speedbrain tall seat kit please?

More then I took it off and went back to stock? lol Yes it was taller, however just as hard if not harder then the stock seat and not as rounded which means some hot spots on the butt where the squared edge is.

It's a plastic pan with traditional dirt bike seat cover, so modifying it wouldn't be all that difficult IMHO and that's probably the route I'm going to take as it's sitting on the shelf at the moment.

I'm fine with the stock fuel filler cap, I've ran it in some of the worse muddy conditions you can find and fuel tank contamination has been a mute point so far with stock seat. I slightly prefer my seat to be bolted to the bike as I've seen Husqvarna seats come flying off with the quick release zues fasteners in a tumble. Stock BMW seat is held on with 4 bolts, it's not going anywhere.

I agree with bobby in that a quick release isn't exactly a good idea. I'm sure you may find one day you wont have a seat on at all!!

To ride an enduro well you got to be stood up, and use your knees/lower legs to 'clutch' the bike. It's very rarely you sit down unless there's a nice little section that gives the rider a breather.