Sign in to follow this  

Task Force Takes on Baja's Troubled Tourist Image

i don't know what the answer is- but the people of baja (the good ones of which there are many) sure need an answer to this problem. every year we go down it's deader and deader tourist wise. and that also leads to people doing the old- desperate times,leads to desperate measures.

i don't know what the answer is- but the people of baja (the good ones of which there are many) sure need an answer to this problem. every year we go down it's deader and deader tourist wise. and that also leads to people doing the old- desperate times,leads to desperate measures.

And that's too bad...we use to go down to SF twice a year until there were too many reportings of bandito's on the highway, etc...didn't want to take any chances.

It's kind of like any city in the US that is known for gang activity...because of them being there nobody wants to go thru it...hear-say has a huge affect!

Let's hope they don't get butchered, or drug into the mix of fighting... It's just another "cop" in a different uniform. So let's hope the cartel(s) aren't color blind, and can read... or that they care enough to let'em be.

I wish them luck. They'll need it.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/01/tourism-police-are-there-to-lend-hand/

100401rosarito_t600.jpg?42b0fb247f69dabe2ae440581a34634cbc5420f3

I mean, nothing like just getting out of training (a whopping 8-10hr course)... and being thrown into the burning fire;

http://www.discoverbajacalifornia.com/new.php?id=206

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2412480/posts

for spring break it seemed totally dead! great if you do not like crowds, but i sure feel sorry for all the super great people of baja. seems to me that the u.s. news media has complete control of it, all i ever hear from people is, your going to mexico? dont you watch the news? the media should run a story on the us border patrol

We are in SF now, it's packed with Nationals for their spring break. But all signs are only the gringo faithful are here spending money. For what it's worth, in my opinion the highway to SF is very safe with the exception of traffic accedents. Road improvements are on the fast track it seems andsoon should be a easy smooth drive. Being a local's holiday week it seem us gringos got green lights all the way in while Nats were getting "Inspected"

mtz

We are in SF now, it's packed with Nationals for their spring break. But all signs are only the gringo faithful are here spending money. For what it's worth, in my opinion the highway to SF is very safe with the exception of traffic accedents. Road improvements are on the fast track it seems andsoon should be a easy smooth drive. Being a local's holiday week it seem us gringos got green lights all the way in while Nats were getting "Inspected"

mtz

When we went down to prerun and race the 250, we never got stopped. All 3 times and trailers with prerunners and bikes. It made it very easy and welcoming not to spend 20 min going thruogh all the paper work for each and every thing.