Sign in to follow this  

08 WR 250f Tail light/Break light question

I was wondering if the 08 has a built in break light like the older WR's had. I know its LED but not sure if its a break light with the wires there to hook up to a rear break light pressure switch. I had a 04 WR 450f & it has a factory break light & wires there & was hoping the same is true on this one. i need to get a break light hooked up because i switched it to a street title so i could get my plate & ride more duel sport stuff and also be street legal in case i get caught ridding on a fire road in southern ohio as non street legal stuff gets fined for this.Im working on making a plate mount at the moment so any ideas on this would be nice too lol. 👍

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Super Dave

I have the same bike and am going to do the same thing. To answer your question, yes the rear light has a brake light too that can be hooked up.

I'm using a Baja Designs LED taillight/brake light which has a built-in license plate holder.

It's small, neat, and tidy.

I'm using a pressure switch threaded into the rear brake master cylinder to activate the brake light.

There is a brake light as stated above- I have mine connected right now. Also, the headlight has high and low beam, it's just not wired from the factory.

Here is some info on where to get the connectors on another thread (Thanks William for locating the connectors). With these connectors, it should be a breeze to wire up the connections.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849746&highlight=connectors+wiring