Sign in to follow this  

Pirelli Scorpion Pro Front Tire on Street?

I picked up this tire for the front of my BRP and noticed its not DOT approved and was wondering how it does on the pavement?

I plan on riding it a little on the dirt to get it scuffed up but may end up changing it if it is slick on the street...

Upon second look I see the DOT is on the other side of the tire...Oops

Still would be interesting how they grip on pavement with the knobbies...

Do not know about the front, but I'm using the rear Scorpion and love it on my Aprilia RXV550, it has a great bite, stable on the road (balance these tires)

I used it in the desert last weekend for 400 miles and found it excellent 80dirt/20street. I think I'll get 800-900 miles from the rear!! which for a soft dirt style DOT tire that's great, at least for me...........

I'm presently using a K777F on the front, and love that DOT tire..........

I'm jaded as I got tired of the hard 606 rubber, while the Dunlop lasts for a long time they give up feed-back and grip compared to the Scorpion.........

Idle thoughts.......

M

I've got almost 3k miles on my scorpion pro front. It was a little sketchy on the slab until it got scrubbed in. Once I took it down some trails, I don't even think about it being a knobby on the street.

I've never felt it let loose on my on the pavement and off road it tracks really nice. If my bike was a street only, there are many other, better suited tires out there, but if you ride off road too, most of the time, it's a pretty nice DOT knob.