Reiter Recreation Plan Poll

Q1: How many miles of ST do we need at Reiter? Q2: Miles willing to share?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Q1: How many miles of ST do we need at Reiter? Q2: Miles willing to share?

• Q1: 150 miles Q2: 100 miles
    • Q1: 100 miles Q2: 75 miles
    • Q1: 75 miles Q2: 55 miles
    • Q1: 20 miles Q2: 5 miles

Per Treelover who is said to have DNR's ear for ORV trail mileage for the recreation plan. We're not at the table but he is. There's no more seats to get to the table so given this limited input opportunity, what say you?

I chose 150/100 so we could at least have 50 miles of dedicated ST only as in DIRT BIKE only.

OK let’s try this again, Take a pole and use the outcome for something better for all. Try to be realistic in what you put down. This is real not a fantasy

In the new area I would like to see “xx” miles of single track

To get more total mileage I am willing to share “xx” miles with other user groups

That is all the basic of info that is needed

Per Treelover who is said to have DNR's ear for ORV trail mileage for the recreation plan. We're not at the table but he is. There's no more seats to get to the table so given this limited input opportunity, what say you?

I chose 150/100 so we could at least have 50 miles of dedicated ST only as in DIRT BIKE only.

The longest loop ever put on by us was 19.4 miles way back in1997, getting real as to how much your really going to get out of such a small technical area. Makeing statements like 150 or even 50 are way out there when it comes to showing your knollege as to laying out routs. How ever I do agree that if they exspanded the area by 15,000 you might get 40 miles but then you may win the loto too.

The longest loop ever put on by us was 19.4 miles way back in1997, getting real as to how much your really going to get out of such a small technical area. Makeing statements like 150 or even 50 are way out there when it comes to showing your knollege as to laying out routs. How ever I do agree that if they exspanded the area by 15,000 you might get 40 miles but then you may win the loto too.

I've ridden Reiter twice; besides - I am not saying these trails would all be perfect loops but total trail mileage instead. I live in Kitsap County - where there's better riding nearby that doesn't require a ferry ride first 👍 Only trying to help. Can't mod the mileage now.

I don't want Reiter to become the example of how to destroy DNR riding areas - that's why I've been trying to become involved here.

The overall trend of this poll is to show we're willing to share trail with other motorized PROVIDED we get the maximum exclusive trail mileage in return.

Edited by shrubitup

The given parameters are too small. Depending on what trails/area of Reiter we're talking about, not more than about 50 miles will be more than enough. Heck, the Buttstomper courses ranged from about 10 miles to about 13 miles long. Those are the types of trails that gave Reiter its reputation and those are the trails that should not be taken away from us!!

The given parameters are too small. Depending on what trails/area of Reiter we're talking about, not more than about 50 miles will be more than enough. Heck, the Buttstomper courses ranged from about 10 miles to about 13 miles long. Those are the types of trails that gave Reiter its reputation and those are the trails that should not be taken away from us!!

The 19.4 was the Butt stomper back in 97 The last year it was about 9.5. Even with all the alturnitive trails in the upper area subtract the aquafer area you would be reall lucky to get much more than 15. Thats whats real. Also just to let youknow the fastest guy last year at the buttstomper did that 9.5 at race pace in just over 1/2 hour. Thats an average speed of 19mph. That loop took most 55to 60 minets. Reiter is one nasty place for speed and that is a good thing. But you have to be real about the area size,and what you can produce within that area. Now I do understand if you have not layed out trail or helped layout trail the know how you may not have. And all I will say to that is if your willing you can learn it isn't rocket work.

I would love to see 100 miles at Reiter but thats not realistic because of the terrian. Tahuya has about 100 miles of ST and its a much bigger area. But 100 miles of trail would spread out the useage and would keep the trails from being overused.

The 19.4 was the Butt stomper back in 97 The last year it was about 9.5. Even with all the alturnitive trails in the upper area subtract the aquafer area you would be reall lucky to get much more than 15. Thats whats real. Also just to let youknow the fastest guy last year at the buttstomper did that 9.5 at race pace in just over 1/2 hour. Thats an average speed of 19mph. That loop took most 55to 60 minets. Reiter is one nasty place for speed and that is a good thing. But you have to be real about the area size,and what you can produce within that area. Now I do understand if you have not layed out trail or helped layout trail the know how you may not have. And all I will say to that is if your willing you can learn it isn't rocket work.

OK, give me new values and I'll close this thread and open a new one. 👍

Are you saying that these races used ALL of the Single Track that was at Reiter? We are not talking about races are we? We are talking about being able to ride all the trails and not just a 9.5 mile race loop.

We are not talking about races are we? We are talking about being able to ride all the trails and not just a 9.5 mile race loop.

No, I intended this to be total lineal miles of all motorized trails proposed for "re-use" by motorized travel.

I voted for number one for several reasons:

150 miles of ST is needed for the increase in riders over the years. Sure CF and Tahuya don't have that mileage (although I think Tahuya could come close if you included the un-mapped trails) but they are further from population areas.

150 miles in 10,000 acres isn't impossible; Tahuya is about 20k Acres and CF has a riding area at least twice that size with a lot of under used acreage.

Great discussion but I think that everyone needs to remember is that there is 1000 acres . National average is 28.5 miles per 1000 for trails. But then again DNR said that they wanted a higher density of trails. And there are also other user groups that need trails also

More multi use trails will give you more miles to ride BUT a good designed ST can use more of the landscape

Get as much as you can! Whatever is ST today will be quad track tomorrow, and 4x4 trail the next day. Not to worry just keep cutting your own new ST in. Ya I know, I'm a bad boy,,,, I just don't care anymore. Year after year we all get f'd by DNR and the state.

Joe...........

Using Paradise Lake in Snohomish County as an example, there are about 11 miles of single track that is used for mountain biking in 793 acres. I have a hard time imagining more dense single track for motorized use that the mountain bike trails at Paradise Lake.

So, practically, the 1100 acres given over to motorized use in the proposed plan for Reiter would yield about 15 miles of single track. This doesn't take into account any 4X4 use, which would probably consume a great deal more space per mile.

the Reiter study claims only about half of the disputed 10K acres is usable for ORV, best case. So, assume 5K acres if we got everything available. then you would be looking at about 50 miles or so of S/T, if the trails were developed quite densely, ala Paradise Lake. That mileage would probably have to be reduced to accommodate shared trails with 4X4, but the resultant mileage would be easily shared with mountain bikes and equestrians, when we all learn to live together.

The North Cascades Conservation folks are better organized than the ORV community and have taken some historical trails noted over the years and documented them for proposal. The data shared in previous notes is vital to any development of future single track as it shows precedent and demonstrates what the landscape can support.

We need some hard data points if we can get them.

• Like 1

Are you saying that these races used ALL of the Single Track that was at Reiter? We are not talking about races are we? We are talking about being able to ride all the trails and not just a 9.5 mile race loop.

If you takeinto acount the areas that we will nolonger be able to use 15 miles woul be about it for Reiter. There ya have it and thats being optomistical.👍🙂🤣

NO race at Reiter EVER came close to using most of the trails I know of. And racing isn't the issue...having miles of ST available to us is. It's all up there, ya just gotta spend the time exploring. Is some of it a maze on top of itself, and wouldn't make for a good race course? Yep...but racing is only a small part of why I like Reiter.

I never meant to imply that all we'd need is a race course or limit the choices to those exact trails!! To just say that we'd only get 15 miles of trail... that is f@#@$ ridiculous!!

Maybe the trials that only we as dirtbikers know about need to stay that way so that they don't get invaded by other users and get ruined!!!

I never meant to imply that all we'd need is a race course or limit the choices to those exact trails!! To just say that we'd only get 15 miles of trail... that is f@#@$ ridiculous!!

Maybe the trials that only we as dirtbikers know about need to stay that way so that they don't get invaded by other users and get ruined!!!

This is the risk we run by disclosing the location of these trails. However, the way it's going they'll just drop an iron curtain a few miles from the parking lot and call it good and say they've provided recreation for the dirt biker.

I will never drive an 1 1/2 hr to 2 hr to only ride 15 miles over and over again, thats bulls!!t!!!! Eveywhere else in the state i can put in a good 50 miles whether its tahuya, capitol forest, little naches, wenatchee. It should be the same at reiter also....