manual decomp dr 350 how too ??

heres how i been doing it Decomp in slow down on the kick then "CLICK" back to top with kick start then kick to start , could be five six times or more when cold

is that the normal point to kick the kick start as ive always only had a three quarter kick after returning the kick start to top for start kick ?

as i have just discovered when the click happens and before i return the kick starter then I give a gentle nudge or two on the kick start whilst still at the click point just enough to feel the compression then return the kick start I get a full kick and the bike starts very easily ???

was wondering if i was a tooth out on the cam chain or worn decomp shaft or something like or just been kicking at wrong time as engine top end recently rebuilt so rings bore valves all ok any help greatly appreciated ­čĹŹ

I have never tried advancing it after the decomp lever clicks out. I don't think I need too. It will take five or six kicks when cold, but only one when warm. I'll try advancing mine past the click tomorrow and see if there is a difference. I would think that you would want to stop at the click or else you would not be sucking in the air fuel mixture at the top of the stroke.