FCR CARB looking to buy

OK i did some research and the FCR carb i now own does not have the removable air bell intake. i took the cover off where you hook up the throttle cables and it says honda inside. the stock boot does not fit so i made a custom one out of some rad hose for now just to see if it would work. it works fairly well for just shoving it in there. do these carbs come with dual chokes or something? i see the hole where it looks like another one should sit and the pics i have seen of other carbs seem to have two aswell? anyways i did some creative wireing for the TPS since the plug in's arnt the same and over all it seems to fit pretty well except it doesnt reach the air box which is a small problem. when i get a new carb boot i will have a quick look at the jets and adjust the carb properly. i know this question has probly been asked a zillion times but whats a good setup with this carb along with a 434 BB stage 1 hot cams 3X3 and stock exhaust with the baffle pulled for now until i can dig up some more money

after a little more research i belive its a "hot Start". what exactly is this for? and where can i get one, seeing as the carb i bought did not come with one? sorry for these newbi'ish questions but my main interest is snowmobiles, and they have a very very simple carburator set up with out all this TPS hot start bs lol so FCR carbs are new to me.

after a little more research i belive its a "hot Start". what exactly is this for? and where can i get one, seeing as the carb i bought did not come with one? sorry for these newbi'ish questions but my main interest is snowmobiles, and they have a very very simple carburator set up with out all this TPS hot start bs lol so FCR carbs are new to me.

my 2001 arctic cat zr 600 had fcr's ?

You purchased a carb that does not fit the DRZ.. Others have done this as well ,,,and managed to put a "round peg in a square hole"

There are known working carb set ups for this bike that can be easily duplicated (or purchased directly as a kit) and then there is the used carb find like you have... . fitments and jetting is problematic and your pretty much on your own as far as tuning.

If your very experienced in carb tuning and are or have available a machinist that works cheaply... and the carb you bought is not worn out as are many of the used FCR's found on the net (thats why they are for sale most times..it seems.. it did not work so was replaced or was parted from a non running worn out bike)

Can you make it work? Others claim to have.... nothing but time and money, research and tuning. enjoy the project ?

really a ZR 600 with FCR's?, those had to be aftermarket.... CAT has always used mikuni carbs weather it be round slid or flat slide they were mikuni's, maybe on the 600 sno pro race sled but not on any production snowmobile. as for the carb i got it to work quite well even with the rad hose as a carb boot. the only problems i have had with it is that im not sure what the jetting should be with this paticular carb to make it work well with this bike, but even with the jetting thats in it now the bike runs well but when you are on the highway and you go from cruiseing to WFO there is a slight hesiatation but then it takes off and goes like crazy. and the final problem is that the back end of the carb does not reach the air box... which i see as a bit of a problem and have not found a way to resolve it and not have problems with the carb hitting the frame ect. but for now i out the stock carb back in with a dyno jet kit and it runs OK but not as good as it did with the FCR even though i had to get creative to make it work. i am going to leave the stock carb in now until i figure out how to make the FCR i have work or i find another that is for a DRZ.