crf 250x carb/starting problems

hey i have an 05 crf 250x two years ago i put an fmf powercore 4 on it with the jetting kit. after that it still ran very good. last season it would usually start first kick no problem. then i put it away for the winter went to ride it with new fuel and it wouldnt start unless i bomb started it. so i reshimmed it and the first time i tried it out it started pretty easily. then the next time it would not kick start and the problem just came back so now i am stuck bomb starting it. once it warms up it starts after about ten kicks. could it be a dirty carb? any suggestions would help. thanks

hey i have an 05 crf 250x two years ago i put an fmf powercore 4 on it with the jetting kit. after that it still ran very good. last season it would usually start first kick no problem. then i put it away for the winter went to ride it with new fuel and it wouldnt start unless i bomb started it. so i reshimmed it and the first time i tried it out it started pretty easily. then the next time it would not kick start and the problem just came back so now i am stuck bomb starting it. once it warms up it starts after about ten kicks. could it be a dirty carb? any suggestions would help. thanks
Valves. If you don't believe me, then it might be your valves. If that still does sound right, then it is your valves. Get it?

From what i read...you've already shimmed your valves. I would pull the carb, soak your jets in carb cleaner, blast em with compressed air, clean your carb, ensure your choke and hot start plunger move freely and don't stick and then re-assemble and see if that's the fix. 9 times out of 10 the carb is bunged up from sitting for months. Notice alot of people having starting problems on here? My guess is a clogged pilot jet.