ktm 525 EXC crap lighting...

I have a 2007 525 exc with an acerbics cyclops headlight and it sucks more than a cheap whore. Looks sweet, but I could see better with a lighting bugs ass dangling on a rope from my fender! I've heard of some people doing HID conversions on streetbikes with the cyclops, but I'm wondering if my stator even has the power to sustain an HID kit.

Has anyone installed HID kit without a stator upgrade? Also, does anyone know where to get a stator upgrade if I need one? I haven't found one for a '07 yet.

you can't do hid from stock as you need to convert to dc. trailtech.net will fix you up. i did my 08 and a buddy did his 07 450 exc..... or call them and maybe you can run the x2 halogen from stock system? much cheaper and a pretty rideable light. i run the halogen ( works in the dust ) then run a hid helmet light

K so I'm definately going with the DC stator kit and probably that x2 eclipse HID light, but is there anything else I should upgrade as well after I install this thing? Will it affect my cdi box or anything else? I don't see why it would, but figure I would ask anyway.

• 2 months later...
I went with one of these and frankly was blown away how much juice you get without upgrading the stator and how cheap it was.

http://www.pmxtec.com/

Just put one of these on my bike as well. And wow. I can light up the house on the far side of the street while riding a full block away. Best upgrade for the $ without all the work of stator, DC kit etc.

Just put one of these on my bike as well. And wow. I can light up the house on the far side of the street while riding a full block away. Best upgrade for the $ without all the work of stator, DC kit etc.

Did you get the standard or premium? Install was a breeze I assume?