Sign in to follow this  

What's my LIKE-NEW 2007 Husky TE450 worth? northern NJ

Hey everybody, I have a 2007 Husky TE450, the thing is like new, sits in my garage and barely ever gets riden.. I just start it up once a month, ride it around the block to keep her fresh and then put her back on the battery tender.

I have MAYBE 40 hours on the bike with under 200 miles (mostly all road miles too btw). The bike has about $1k of aftermarket parts on it, a bunch of upgrades to the cooling system, jetted, etc. I am meticulous with my toys and maintain them to like-new condition. I changed the oil with full synthetic AGIP 5w60 every 4 hours.

I am located in northern NJ... what would you say I should expect to get for selling my bike? I paid almost $8k out the door brand new plus another $1k in aftermarket parts. I know they depreciate a lot but just wondering what I should expect to ask for it.

Thanks!

The value on these drops like a rock. I'd say 5500 would be a dream price, expect closer to 4500 in real life.

I had one of mine for sale forever, had only 1 call on it asking if it was a crotch rocket, not kidding. Ended up parting it out after the engine case cracked, 3 outta 4 Husky DOHCers I've had did the same.

Poor economy, incetives & warranty from dealers. Bad time to sell anything, especially a used & relative exotic. Learn to love it.

The value on these drops like a rock. I'd say 5500 would be a dream price, expect closer to 4500 in real life.

X2 on what he said.

You might want to consider listing it in the back of TrailRider Magazine as well as in the classifieds on Thumpertalk:

https://thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=2

https://thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=5&page=1

and maybe adv rider if it's street legal.

In New Jersey everyone want a street legal dirt bike so they can ride on public land... my guess is it should sell rather quickly if it's street legal.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips

so I should start my asking price around what like $5,700 and see where it goes from there?

Why not, but the real problem is that you can get a new one for about the same price at Hall's.

2009 TE450 $5,999

so I should start my asking price around what like $5,700 and see where it goes from there?

I'd start there and then see what offers you get.

There's always going to be deals on bikes if you look around on the web.

Just because a dealer is discounting a leftover shouldn't concern you, because most people shopping for a used bike aren't going to even be aware of the leftovers.... unless someone tells them.

The North Jersey market is still good because there's still money in the economy and if someone is interested in a good street legal dirt bike they'll buy it.

Also check with Town and Country to see if they'd let you post the ad on their shop bulletin board.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips 👍

Huskycafe and craigslist are two other good and free places to list it. I think 4700-5000 is more realistic. The economy is tough right now.

$4799 is 20% depreciation off the $5999 leftover price. Given todays economy, you'll be hard pressed to get that but no harm trying for your dream deal. Best bet is to find a friend who wants it & knows what you have. The deals on Huskys are also their curse.

Like I said, most don't even know what it is, you need a enduro/dualsport guy to find it and we all know what cheep fkers they are. 👍

try selling it in canada instead for more $$$ if ur close enough to the border

I paid $4300 for my 07 in Oct.. it came with a 7 yr aftermarket warrany, some exhaust tidbits, a very dexent suspension job and a 3.5 gal tank. He seemed happy to do the deal. I turned around and sold my 07 te610 for about 4k with 9k miles on it. My 510 was flawless, 800 miles on the clock.