Sign in to follow this  

Helllpppp

Hey what is going on Guys/Gals? I have recently been drawing lots of interest in the supermoto's on the market today. I have narrowed it down Between the wr250 and drz400sm. I love that the wr is fuel injected, however i am gunna be using this bike for a commuter on nice days (which in new england isnt too offend haha). My commute consist of 15 miles of highway riding one way. So my concern is will i be winding the WR on the high or can that 250 hang at 65-70? Or is the Drz a better choice for my needs? Any and all input would be great!

Also just to curious as to what people are getting these bikes out the door for.

Thank You

-Justin

I would rather have the DRZ. Excellent aftermarket support and plenty of easy mods to open up a bit more power. It is heavier than the DRZ, but it's still lighter than any of my current street rides. The WR can likely do 65-70, but it'll strain the motor more than it'll strain the DRZ. FI is nice, but a nicely adjusted carb (or a flat slide carb) can get you most of the snap of FI ~

JM

I've ridden DRZ's and even they are "buzzy" at highway speeds, but for only 15 miles it shouldn't be a big deal. Definitely wouldn't consider the 250.