Sign in to follow this  

Rider error vs suspension error (vid)

I know the clip is short and could be hard to give any really solid suggestions, but please do what you can.

For anyone that can differentiate the rider errors from things I could do to improve the suspension please comment. Thanks for the help. 👍🤣

Oh yea almost forgot. The settings are pretty much stock minus the rear end having a bit more sag than the manual states. Also the triple clamps are from 07 rmz-450 so they are 21mm instead of 22mm. The rear linkage is from a rmz-250f 07, but I think they are identical. The bike is an 04 Rm250 and the forks are slid about 3-4mm up in the clamps.

Edited by motoxhead

land slightly nose down off the bigger tables. its not the suspension. you know how to do it as I see you doing it on the smaller tables. just make it happen on the bigger stuff.

except for those awkward "nose up" landings you look pretty good out there.

Sic..

You look good, Id try to relax more, it seems like your on the bike for the ride instead of riding the bike??? Hard to explain. You look like you have been riding a while, those tables that you almost overjumped, Id try and scrub those... its hard to do and Im not great at it but trying is fun and look and feels cool, your at a point where you need to control the bike in the air to go faster. good luck and keep on riding.

the rear looks a little bouncy to me.. A tad more rebound dampening

get your sag set as close to 100mm as possible. try your forks at the top line on them. i have 07 rmz450 forks and shock on my 06 rm250 and this works very well for sand tracks. i run a little more comp front and rear and more rebound rear.