Sign in to follow this  

are there any problems with the 08?

I might be trading up from my 03 cr 125 for an 08 crf 250x now i've heard of valve problems and what not can someone fill me in? i'm hugely mechanically inclined and big on mainteance, and whats the deal with the electric start could i remove that and the battery 2 save some weight? and what are the pros and the cons:ride:

You didn't really say what type of riding you dig but if you really want the lightest of the light get a 250R instead. No electric start and its lighter in other ways as well. Personally I wouldn't own a bike without a button. If you want to lose 6 pounds off your bike start eating at Subway for lunch instead of McDonalds.

Valve issues are a thing of the past. Been a non issue since '06 when they switched to new valve seats IMHO. I have 4000 hard and lazy maintenance miles on my '07 250X and its been a big old non event with the valves. I even race the thing and I've only ever had crash damage to deal with.

If you were in Cali like me I would suggest a bike with a plate instead though. A husky TE or one of the street legal KTM's.

ok thanks I'm asking because i'm trading my or cr125 mod for an 08 crf250x. thanks