DR 350 SE too lean?

Noob in the house. I just got this bike in the fall (my first bike, a 1998 model) and now spring is here I have been doing some riding:ride:. Am I correct in thinking that I am a little lean? Every thing seems pretty good untill I let off the gas, thin it pops and farts. Where exactly do I adjust the lean/rich at. I seam like I am getting 55ish mph. There are no mods other than a super trap exaust. Thanks.

So I can't adjust anything?

When I was out riding today I put the choke half way out and the popping went away, but ofcourse It idled way high. Do you guys think putting in some more disks in the muffler would help or is that a waste of time. I think most of the disks are out of it because the box of parts the guy gave me with the bike has several disks in it.

I belive I have the TM33.

If you have the TM33 then the air fuel mixture screw is already exposed. Turn it in for a more lean idle-Out for a richer idle. It should be somewhere between 1/2 turn to 2 1/2 turns out -maximum.

An extended fuel screw from Kientech is well worth the $15 and makes adjustments much easier.

DR650%20Extended%20fuel%20Screw.jpg

http://www.kientech.com/ExtendedFuelScrews.htm

The fuel mixture screw doesn't really have much effect once the throttle has been opened. It's pretty much for the idle only (throttle closed)

As far as pops through the exhaust on deceleration go, this is a very common occurrence on the DR.

The Super Trapp will likely amplify the pops. If it's not a really loud backfire then I would say it's a normal issue and try to get used to it.

By the way, you stated your bike is a DR350SE model.

S/SE models did not come with the TM33 (pumper) carb which is a superior upgrade from the standard BST33 that came stock on all DRS, and SE models.

Good luck. 👍

Edited by Bob Onit

OK. Thanks for the help guys. I don't mind it so much, I was trying to be a little considerate of my neigbors, and thought if I could get the pop to go away I might be improving performance. I'll just deal with it then, I like it a little loud anyway.