'01 RM250, has me scratching my head.

Ive been working on my buddies RM for the past few days, last time it Ran was 3 Saturdays ago at the track, It ran like a champ. We go out the next day to a local spot, all ready to go, the bike doesn't have a kicker so we start pushing like always. Lots of pushing and running around, no fire... We decide pull starting it with the quad will work, lots of pulling and it fires a little bit but nothing to get it running. Pull the plug and it looks fine not soaked or anything, but we put a new plug it it anyways. Same thing, sorta sputters to life but wont run, pull the plug again and its dry. We pack up and go home, try push starting on the pavement at home, it sorta runs, bogs out and that's it....

The past few days Ive

Cleaned the petcock, Fresh premix, watched gas come out of the petcock, also pulled the bowl off and watched gas flow past the needle, pushed float back up and the gas flow stops.

Unplugged the kill switch, and unplugged the power jet

Pulled the carb off at least 3 times, pulled it all apart, everything is great. Reeds look good too.

Tried a coil form a KX250, has spark with both coils.

All the electrical connectors look good, nothing is corroded and no broken wires.

Pulled the flywheel and stator, the stator looked a little rusty, sanded it clean.

Installed a sticker kit that's been sitting on the self since Xmas, bike looks damn good, but still doesn't run. 👍

After I tried everything listed, we would go to push start it, it would fire, then bog and die. choke on or choke off, doesn't matter. And each and every time after it fires then dies, I'll pull the plug and it soaked. I'm really at a loss, it seems like its getting way to much fuel or its not sparking. Its got good compression, I'm gonna try a leak down test and see what happens.

What do you guys think? is there anything I'm over looking?

well it could be something electronic or maybe a clogged jet.

i would make sure that the pipe/silencer is not clogged and the air filter is well. Next thing i'd think its the top-end since it ran well then parked and never started again...

The key is when you say it does the same thing choke on or off. You have a fuel delivery issue which may or may not be a reed problem, too, though you said they look good and not electronic or it wouldn't fire at all..........

If that were the case, he can check it by turning the fuel off at the petcock and then trying to start it..............after a couple choke outs, when the bowl gets lower it'll then run, but watch out for the 'crazy lean scream'!

Good call on trying to start it with the fuel off, It made it over 100 feet down the road, went to hit the fuel back on and bluggggggghhhhhhh...... Dead bike.

I wanted to keep working on it but my friend said F' it, its going to the Suzuki shop.

I appreciate the help though.

Sounds like it is flooding out then. I just replaced the needle and seat in one of those carbs last week. The needle is prob just worn out. You can still check the float height but its more than likely the needle.