Sign in to follow this  

Another happy TTR, new jets

Just helped a buddy change to a 17.5 pilot and 110 main, pulled the snorkel and did the washer mod on the muffler on a 2003 TTR125E. His 1st words were "it idles now!" His other words..."it runs like it should now." Yep, sure does. 👍

His son doesn't know about it yet. Turns 12 on Saturday. He'll be stoked!

If your TTR doesn't idle and generally runs like crap, pay less than $10 and get the jets. You'll wonder why you waited so long.

I did the same mods to my son's bike with similiar results except it still wouldn't idle. Put in a fresh plug and it now runs great. Definately the most worthwhile cheap mod for the TTR!

So, can you do the 17.5/110 jets, pull the snorkle but not modify the exhaust? Would you still get the benefits and not harm the engine? I assume doing that would richen it up a little.

So, can you do the 17.5/110 jets, pull the snorkle but not modify the exhaust? Would you still get the benefits and not harm the engine? I assume doing that would richen it up a little.

How would you harm the engine by getting the fuel/air mixture correct? If anything you will harm the engine by running it too lean. Did I misunderstand your post?

What I meant was that everyone that installs new jets also opens up the exhaust. If I don't open up the exhaust, I assume that the bike would just run rich versus it's stock lean condition but wanted to double check.

What I meant was that everyone that installs new jets also opens up the exhaust. If I don't open up the exhaust, I assume that the bike would just run rich versus it's stock lean condition but wanted to double check.

Should be OK. I re-jetted our 230 and left everything else stock (didn't modify airbox or exhaust).