Sign in to follow this  

Washington Enduro Computer

Which enduro computer is everyone running these day. ICO, Pacemaker, Watch dog. Im looking to get one, but for the money I want to get the easiest one to run and read, right now I'm thinking ICO checkmate XL but I want to here what everyone has to say.

trailtech is great for trail riding...not so much for enduros, mileage resets are not terribly easy and there are no real "enduro functions" this year i have switched to the ICO checkmate...first tike out with it this weekend

Did you get the expensive one? I'm thinking the checkmate xl the less expensive one $349 I think. You riding the short course or long and who's on your min?👍😏🤣

I got the XL, after talking to ICO the only advantage to the more expensive model is the ability to share routes via internet. Since i usually ride solo that feature didn't appeal to me. I'll bet in VET C (short course). I don't know whose on my minute...i guess they drew for minutes today and we won't know till route sheets and minute assignments come in the mail/

trailtech is great for trail riding...not so much for enduros, mileage resets are not terribly easy and there are no real "enduro functions" this year i have switched to the ICO checkmate...first tike out with it this weekend

not true...i just recently got a trailtech vector with the remote.thing is sweet for someone like me whos keepin time the ol fashion way.easy milage adjustments on the fly to the 1/100th via the remote thumb switch.also has a lap timer with pace lights for hairscrambles.shows abient temp,coolant temp.has alot of features for the $130 w/the remote.my son is running a watchdog for the first time this season.i must say it is a stout well built unit for sure.will have to see how he gets along with it.mabye il upgrade next season.by the way i know a certain someone that won a nma enduro championship with a trailtech.👍

not true...i just recently got a trailtech vector with the remote.thing is sweet for someone like me whos keepin time the ol fashion way.easy milage adjustments on the fly to the 1/100th via the remote thumb switch.also has a lap timer with pace lights for hairscrambles.shows abient temp,coolant temp.has alot of features for the $130 w/the remote.my son is running a watchdog for the first time this season.i must say it is a stout well built unit for sure.will have to see how he gets along with it.mabye il upgrade next season.by the way i know a certain someone that won a nma enduro championship with a trailtech.👍

it should be noted that I am: A) a sucker for anything shiny, or electronic...or both🤣 horribly financially irresponsible and C) kinda lazy...

:-)

I'm over in N ID and am interested in trying a beginner friendly enduro relatively close. Also interested in a cheap beginner computer. Suggestions?

what's relatively close? The shelton valley enduro is as good as they come for beginners...but it's 5-6 hours away from you...

Yaa, I was looking for something closer but that one might be worth it. I think there's one in St. Maries, ID in June but I'm not sure how advanced it is. I'm pretty new to riding and have never raced. Looks fun though.

two thumbs up for the checkmate XL...very simple and straightforward during an event...once you have the route info in just twist the throttle and watch your minutes..

Yaa, I was looking for something closer but that one might be worth it.

its a great event. 👍

wanted to thank the guy that helped my son with his watchdog:worthy:.it worked great for him.