Sign in to follow this  

What should i do?

Im currently riding a 96 KX250. Ive ridden 4 strokes and 2 strokes and just about every brand. My current problem is ride time on my 2 stroke. I ride in ocotillo so i tend to half to make sure i ride with someone that can hold at least a gallon of gas for my bike.

So my question is, is it worth the money to invest in an aftermarket tank or would my money be better spent getting a 4 stroke?

If i should get a 4 stroke what do you guys reccomend in the 450 class??

stay with the 2 stroke

its one of those "set and forgot things" unlike oil and oil filters valves etc

Get the bigger tank. I got one on my 300 KTM and it is awesome. I got the clear tank and it is nice because you can see how much fuel is in there.

If you like your bike and don't want to get rid of it, but just want longer range, get the bigger tank and enjoy your longer rides.

Even if you get a newer 450 you will probably still need a larger tank if you are burning a gallon more than your bike can hold. Stock tanks get roughly 50 miles on MX bikes. I dont know about you, but a 50 mile ride can be a really short day especially in a place like Ocotillo.

So my question is, is it worth the money to invest in an aftermarket tank or would my money be better spent getting a 4 stroke?

If i should get a 4 stroke what do you guys reccomend in the 450 class??

? getting a 4-stroke won't do you any good unless you get one with a large tank. I get the same mileage on my 4stroke (fe550) as on my 2strokes (several different ones).

sweet. thanks guys. i think im gunna get the bigger tank then. nd yeah, a 50 mile ride goes quick... especially if ur goin out to the salton sea. haha