Sign in to follow this  

HELP Fitting Scotts Stabilizer

Hey Guys

Just bought a sub mounted scotts steering stabilizer. I am having a hard time installing the head bracket over the steering head. 👍 The instructions says to use a blad screwdriver and spread the bracket over the head but I cant get it on!

Anyone have any tips?

Cheers

Hey Guys

Just bought a sub mounted scotts steering stabilizer. I am having a hard time installing the head bracket over the steering head. 👍 The instructions says to use a blad screwdriver and spread the bracket over the head but I cant get it on!

Anyone have any tips?

Cheers

An extra set of hands helps a bunch.

put the screw in backwards... meaning so instead of tightening it pushes it open. You have to put it in the opposite side. I think I also put the screwdriver between the screw and the mount so that it spread it even more. Went on much easier but still needed a rubber mallet to tap it into place

Hey Guys

Anyone have any tips?

Cheers

GPRs go on tight too...

Rubber mallet, screw loose in bracket, and give it a couple whacks. Spreading the mount helps, but so does a bigger mallet.🤣

Thanks guys got it on! 1st ride tomorrow with it on, cant wait to see how it rides!👍

Thanks guys got it on! 1st ride tomorrow with it on, cant wait to see how it rides!👍

I'll bet you don't notice the difference. That is what happened to me. I thought I'd really feel it but I didn't. It wasn't until I was done riding that I realized the stabilizer was really doing its job, I wasn't as tired and I remembered hitting some roots and rocks and got no deflection.

Hi Guys-

Please remember that if you have any issues in fitting to please give us a call or shoot an email over. We are here Monday through Friday 10-7 Pacific Std Time. When you call it helps if you have the parts in you hands or the numbers ON the parts with you. While we try not to make mistakes, it does happen, being human and all, so if we get the numbers on your actual parts and not what on the invoice it will help resolve any issues at all.

Thanks-

Eric Vargo

Scotts Performance Products

818-248-6747

eric@scottsperformance.com

Eric and the boys are top notch for sure (even Steve when he's in a good mood 🙂)

Eric,

See you in Ridgecrest in October I hope!