Sign in to follow this  

How much oil In KYB forks

Hi all!

I have recently bought a new to me KYB 48mm twin chamber supposedly off a 06 or 07 RMZ250. It had a seal leak and almost no oil in it.. Tried a search but couldnt find the answer.. Could anyone please tell me how much oil should be put in there? Quite urgent plz.

Thanks

06 RMZ250: KYB oc fork

approx 650cc each leg. you have to measure the oil level, which should be 100-90mm

07 RMZ250: Showa Twin chamber

380cc outer chamber

approx 200cc inner chamber

48mm twin chamber kyb forks off a rmz..... think you have been miss informed

I thought that i was misinformed too.. Been trying to find out what the forks are.. MX bikes are a very rare breed here.. So not much is known about it..

Being 48mm theres a good chance they could be off a yamaha as they have had 48mm kyb for a few years now

I bought it off ebay.. It was an RMZ 250 being parted.. Could it have been swapped?

what size wrench do you need to open the fork cap? 49mm? or 19mm?

what is the diameter of the forks, 48mm or 47mm?

19mm and 48mm..

looks like a single chamber KYB, then RMZ250 2006 is right...

Then how much oil? 650cc right? And do i need to bleed the air out? Which way would be the best?

Thanks all!

Just watched it.. The problem is i dont have access to such tools here. As i said the MX stuff are very rare here. And if i order it from the US it will take 2 weeks to reach here. And i have a race this weekend.. Any way i could do it? Also what weight oil would you advise? Its for a lightweight 85cc supermoto..

Okay - you don't need anything special to put in the oil or measure it. I use a turkey baster with a piece of tubing; put a small zip tie on the tubing at the height that the oil should be from the top of the tube, place the tubing into the fork tube at the marked height and squeeze the turkey baster - it will pull out the excess and you should be at the correct height.