I cant believe I am going to ask this(10 crf250)

With all of you that have the 2010, Has anyone used Rotella oil on the transmission side? How did it shift? Please respond with your experiences and even what oil you are running and your results.

I am sorry to ask a oil question but it seems that this bike is touchy on what oil you use for the transmission. Thanks guys for your input.

Here is my experience. At the beginning I was using Maxima MTE and MTL in the colder weather. Worked great good shifting positive engagement. At one change I went with 10-40 motor oil as the manual recommended. Missed shifts, popped out of gear. Went back to Maxima works great again. Not promoting Maxima, just my opinion is Trans specific oil is best.

honda gn4 and honda 80 or 85w(red tall skinny bottle) not sure which one one I ran but they do not work. Just wont shift.

The third one I ran now was a motul transmission oil. Its synthetic not sure the exact name. This one was finally a step in the right direction for the bike.

I aked Ping about this lame tranny in the bike and he said to find something mineral oil based. He said Lucas should be coming out with it soon. I dont know who else even makes one though.

I still have the honda oil in the silver bottle oil and also have a motorex tranny oil to try.

I used to run golden spectro clutch saver in all my 2 strokes tranny's and they always shifted awesome. Way easier and smoother than belray. Though to try it I may have to by a case or at least a half now the shop doesnt carry it.

I use HP4 oil in my 2010 CRF250R tranny, but it does shift hard and seem to "miss shift" or pop out of gear in a race. I change the tranny oil every 4 hours on the bike. My 2004

CRF250R never had this issue and my 2007 CRF450R does not have this issue. I wonder if they changed the CRF250R 2010 tranny and this is now a problem?