Stoneyford Trail 6 closed.

I just went online to try and find the trail map and it's no longer there. I called the Ranger Dist. and the old map that was online is now gone but replaced by the new plasticized map that is said to have GPS info as well. Sounds like a great map. Any chance you have an image of that map, Mando Thumper? I just ordered one but am anxious to see it.

I just went online to try and find the trail map and it's no longer there. I called the Ranger Dist. and the old map that was online is now gone but replaced by the new plasticized map that is said to have GPS info as well. Sounds like a great map. Any chance you have an image of that map, Mando Thumper? I just ordered one but am anxious to see it.

Big Belly, sorry but I don't have an image of the map, and I haven't been able to find one online.

Did you just call the ranger district in order to get a map shipped to you? I'd like to get a map to Foresthill so I can survey the area before deciding whether to do a weekend camp out up there or elsewhere.

Funny that they would have placticized maps now. Last year we did a week long trip to Stony but prior to the trip, I went to a buddy's house who is a graphics and decal guy. I had him print the old style map on a really think sheet of vinyl which made the map virtually indestructible. We showed it to one of the Rangers during the trip and he liked it a lot. Maybe we helped maybe we didn't. I had every intention of doing that again but with the new map, I won't need to. Very cool. I did order a new map, should be a few days out.

So as everyone here has heard, stonyford is on the national monument list that Obama can sign into wilderness. The rangers are looking for reasons to declare the area as such. It's not just a trail closure, it's a stonyford closure.

I thought the rangers at Stony were OHV friendly?

How much does it cost to order the maps from the rangers office? I already have a map for the stonyford trails (grindstone district) but I need to get maps for the penny pines and middle creek areas. Can you get maps at the rangers office on a sat/sunday?

Anyone have a website link?

How much does it cost to order the maps from the rangers office? I already have a map for the stonyford trails (grindstone district) but I need to get maps for the penny pines and middle creek areas. Can you get maps at the rangers office on a sat/sunday?

Anyone have a website link?

From what I remember the stonyford ranger office is closed on the weekends. Generally 80-90% of the offices are closed on weekends.

I called the Grindstone Ranger office and spoke with a very pleasant gal that sent me the maps for free. Awesome maps and I received them in one day. Fantastic service. She also included a hand written note telling me that trail 6 was currently closed.

I called the Grindstone Ranger office and spoke with a very pleasant gal that sent me the maps for free. Awesome maps and I received them in one day. Fantastic service. She also included a hand written note telling me that trail 6 was currently closed.

Sweet! I just called the Willows office a pleasant gal is sending me the two maps to the Upper Lake (North and South). Nice to get something from my tax dollars.

Did she sound cute?

OK of topic here and did not want to start another thread. But how are the

conditions at stony/middle creek. You know, many fallen trees still much snow

at the upper trails? Help a brotha out.

I rode Middle Creek this past Saturday and Sunday. There are patches of snow under the trees but I never spotted any near the trails. However, it started raining Saturday early evening and never really stopped. I rode in non-stop rain and snow all day Sunday. It was blowing pretty good up top and the snow was starting to stick from about 2pm on. We didn't run across any freshly fallen trees, but there was a ton of debris and a lot of fresh-cut stuff everywhere. Other than the non-stop puddles on the whooped-out trails the conditions were primo both days. The top of 38 was dry and dusty on Saturday but perfect on Sunday. It should be good this week, but the rain starts again this coming weekend.

WoodsChick