Newbie In the Enduro Series

I rode a couple of Enduros last year and just got totally hooked! ?

I am completely geeked out for this years series and I am going to try and ride them all. The Trusty YZ is fully prepped and begging me to ride. The wife has been fully briefed (and bribed) so the calendar dates are secure. I have a full supply of advil and knee braces and my life insurance is paid up!?

I'm ready to ride! ?:ride:

see you all out there!

So what class are you riding in?

I'll be in the Super Senior riding either a XR or a KDX, but probably the KDX. I'm easy to recognize as I usually have some goofy saying on my number plate, although I have yet to come up with something for this new green machine. See you out there....

I rode a couple of Enduros last year and just got totally hooked! ?

I am completely geeked out for this years series and I am going to try and ride them all. The Trusty YZ is fully prepped and begging me to ride. The wife has been fully briefed (and bribed) so the calendar dates are secure. I have a full supply of advil and knee braces and my life insurance is paid up! ?

I'm ready to ride! :applause::ride:

see you all out there!

Fully geeked out, eh? You certainly kicked my sorry old butt at the Webfoot last year:worthy: See you out there, start easy:don't burn the first check?

I'll be riding VET C this year. Most of the time I'll be on my YZ (the kids call it the "screamin Banana" oweing to it's Yellow plastics and my tendency to be heavy on the throttle)

I may bring along my KDX project I am just completing if I am feeling lazy...that thing is so easy to ride!

I'm pretty easy to spot as the YZ is pretty unique (yellow plastics, trials tire, ICO, Rekluse...and on and on...) also mine is the Blue Nissan Titan with LOCKGUY on the license plate!

hey gary...good to see you and dutch signed up for the masters again this year! I am excited to get out there and make a run of it this year...hey, did dutch ever find tghe bastards that made off with the christini?

hey gary...good to see you and dutch signed up for the masters again this year! I am excited to get out there and make a run of it this year...hey, did dutch ever find tghe bastards that made off with the christini?

We don't have enough sense to quit...

No good news as far as Dutch's stolen bikes...

I'm interested in your KDX project; there is a resurgence underfoot here in the Northwest...My buddy puvcustom is struggling with one, maybe you can help him out...(I secretly lust for one too ?)

Edited by gporli01
sp

So what class are you riding in?

I'll be in the Super Senior riding either a XR or a KDX, but probably the KDX. I'm easy to recognize as I usually have some goofy saying on my number plate, although I have yet to come up with something for this new green machine. See you out there....

XR or KDX? Good to hear you're moving to a lighter bike Chuck. Man, as we get closer to the series I'm really having withdrawals. I'm not doing the series this year to keep my weekends open (aka, ride with the kids), but I plan to do the Black Bear and Time Keeper this year. Maybe the Webfoot too if can't hold back the temptation. ?

And LOCKGUY,

Have fun! Your YZ285 should be a great enduro weapon. Just be careful not to burn too many checks from having so much fun.?

And LOCKGUY,

Have fun! Your YZ285 should be a great enduro weapon. Just be careful not to burn too many checks from having so much fun. ?

burning check is only a problem EARLY in the enduro...when i'm fresh...later on it's less of a problem! :-) I have put on a nice layer of winter fat this year to combat the effectiveness of the 285 so I'm all set!

Edited by LOCKGUY

hilarious that this thread was posted so recently (for me, anyways)! i was just reading the rules and talking with my wife about running some Vet class enduro races this year / next year... i still need to get me a competitive bike to make ready... will likely work to sell the CBR this summer to replace it with a worthy trail / race bike...

i don't have the heart to turn my crf250r into a 100% enduro bike because it's too much fun at the mx tracks... ?

i'll have to head out to watch you guys run at some of the earliest races this year... maybe i'll glean some pointers! ?

get setup before the Webfoot...that one was EPIC last year!

i'll keep that in mind! it will give me something to shoot for, though mid-May (i think that's the current proposed time?) could be too early for me to be prepared... the fam and i are still finishing getting moved into Seattle (we just got out of SoCal and, man, do i love the PNW!)...

what are a lot of the people in Vet A/B/C riding? i see that you have a hopped up 250 2t... is that what it takes to be "competitive"? or would something like a Husky wr125 still keep up + be fun to ride (i've had my eye on a husky 2t for awhile and am trying to decide what to shoot for... ?)

If you are thinking about a 125 the Husky WR 125 would be a great choice.

One of the guys who rides in our group has one and he does not give up any speed or time to the bigger bikes in the tight stuff.

I currently ride a YZ 250 for my woods bike, but have been thinking that a 125 is in my future.

i'll keep that in mind! it will give me something to shoot for, though mid-May (i think that's the current proposed time?) could be too early for me to be prepared... the fam and i are still finishing getting moved into Seattle (we just got out of SoCal and, man, do i love the PNW!)...

what are a lot of the people in Vet A/B/C riding? i see that you have a hopped up 250 2t... is that what it takes to be "competitive"? or would something like a Husky wr125 still keep up + be fun to ride (i've had my eye on a husky 2t for awhile and am trying to decide what to shoot for... ?)

Yeah...I have lived here most of my life and love it! The YZ I have built is more appropriate for a rider in much better shape and with WAY more skill than me...but i couldn't resist...every upgrade breeds two more! :-)

all that being said the VET C and B classes run the "short course" (50-60 miles) at most enduros so even a lazy fat guy like me can burn some check points. there are plenty of guys doing well on KDX220s and xr 250s.

The reason I ride the enduros is for the challenge of keeping a high pace in the woods for a long time and all of the really cool people I meet. It's a pretty relaxed and friendly group for sure...not a lot of attitude in the group. Let me know when you're settled we can get a group together for a ride, or at least say hi at an event!

If you are thinking about a 125 the Husky WR 125 would be a great choice.

One of the guys who rides in our group has one and he does not give up any speed or time to the bigger bikes in the tight stuff.

I currently ride a YZ 250 for my woods bike, but have been thinking that a 125 is in my future.

I've even heard of a couple guys burning checks on KX100s. ? But they shall remain nameless.....?

lol! well, once upon a time i was in "decent" shape... now, as a result of last year's road track spill, my infant son, and an ample supply of laziness on my part, i'm back to being a scrawny nerd that gets tired after thinking too hard about what brand of cheap scotch i want to drink...

thanks for the info on different bike options, guys... i would definitely be in it to meet some fun riding buddies and shoot the sh**... i just like friendly competition... i don't have dreams of ama championships... hahaha...

lockguy, i have to service my CRF in spare time over the next couple weeks, but if you don't mind a non-whining, slow guy who hasn't ridden trails in a loooong time tagging along, i'll definitely send ya a PM when i'm ready to roll... i'm always game to hit a track, too, but definitely want to see some of these singletracks that everybody talks about in here... :smirk

Who what?

What kind of tard rides a kx100 in an enduro...

I hope to make a few again this year, might even try to find some money for a enduro computer so I stop sponging off Scot and Dave. ?

Later,

Its nice to be loved....?