Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use Ninja 250 wheels Yet?

i think i want to use some stock ninja 250 wheels on my DRZ. they are fairly cheap and i like the look better than the 3-spoke wheels..

i need to get some bearing sizes and rim width's to see if it will work out for me.

let me know if anyone has done it.

if you mean the old 250s, that would rather suck - they're 16 inch wheels and have very small rim sizes, not alot of rubber choices, etc

the new gen of 250s have 17s, no idea on fitment

i think i want to use some stock ninja 250 wheels on my DRZ. they are fairly cheap and i like the look better than the 3-spoke wheels..

i need to get some bearing sizes and rim width's to see if it will work out for me.

let me know if anyone has done it.

Why are there some 3 spoke wheels that are a direct fit on the DRZ? I would realy like to move away from the stock wheels so I dont have to run tubes!

I have been looking at a set of Honda CBR250 wheels. I don't know if they will even fit but I am willing to try. I have also been told RGV250 wheels will go on quite easily but they are a 3 spoke and I don't think they are 17's.

I'm going to try some Yamaha TZR 50 wheels during this season.

They look awesome 👍

But I'm a bit worried about the rear sprocket. 428 is the strongest sprocket for the tzr :\

Why are there some 3 spoke wheels that are a direct fit on the DRZ? I would realy like to move away from the stock wheels so I dont have to run tubes!

Hi Jason

I wasnt aware of any direct fit 3 spoke wheels what are they ?

I have gs500 rims and I thought they were the easiest (non stock) alloy wheels to adapt to the DRZ. without a machinist they wouldnt be easy at all

so I would like easier if thats possible

RGV 250 rims are pretty easy to get outside N America. They tended to be wider than those on the bargain bikes. The RGV rims were wider than my 500 Gamma.

Anything will work. All it takes is time and effort. For us here in N America the GS 500 rims were cheap and plentiful which was why they were a good choice but they overlap the GSXR, GSX as well. I think it also includes some Bandits.

F2 rims work and there are bound to be other Hondas as well. Kawi's there will be some there too. Someone needs to go dumpster diving and report back. 👍