Sign in to follow this  

Cycra hand guard mount question

I am in the process of installing the Cycra side mounts on my brand new 09 drz 400 s and it seems the 2 bolt hole offsets are shy by about 1/16 or so and I probably need to auger out 1 of the holes to make it fit. I originally thought it was because the brake lever was interferring and after grinding out a little relief it is now clear the offset on the side mount needs addressing as well. I've read all the cycra threads I could find and didn't see where that was an issue. Is this above and beyond what I should be hassling or might I have a bad mount? I have the skid plate and case protectors and badly want to get the Cycra's on so I can play (more safely) inthe dirt next week on vacation. Thanks for you help

Loosen up the bars, then get both sides started before you tighten anything up. I had to use a bit of persuasion to get mine to line up, but they fit great now. The bars will flex some to fit.

If you are refering to the two holes that mount onto the front fork clamps, than I had the same issue. I had to dremel out one of the holes on both mounts to get it to fit.

Thanks all for your comments. Crobi yes I was referring to the 2 holes on the fork clamps and for anyone else in need an old school rat tail file made quick work of augering the hole out the little bit it needed. I also had to grind the mounting block where the front brake contacts it to get the perfect fit. No big deal all is great and they are sweet.

If you are refering to the two holes that mount onto the front fork clamps, than I had the same issue. I had to dremel out one of the holes on both mounts to get it to fit.

Same here....... While we're on the subject, just FYI, I found that using one of those Roto-Zip brand, dry-wall cutting type, bits in the Dremel tool works great on Alum.