Sign in to follow this  

dunb question but would like an answer to it

on my 03 crf i just put a 488 kit and kimble valves in it, without a sparkplug in it it still fells like it has compression, is this normal i really havent tryed to kick it before without a plug in it.

thanks

You're going to have a little bit of compression "feel" since as the piston is moving up and compressing the air it is only able to escape through the plug hole. There is no way to tell if it has good compression until you close the system off i.e. install spark plug or better yet a compression guage.

thanks for the reply i was only cranking it over to make sure everything was spinning free before i fire it up and literaly it feels like there is a spark plug in it you can hear it sucking air from the carb and blowing it out the exhaust as well as the plug hole, i called honda and they told me that its normal and the motor will not spin freely even without a plug it, just seems wierd to me, my old 426 if i held the compression release in there was almost no feel of compression.

thanks again

You are going to get tension from the valves and cam. You are still blowing all your compression out the spark plug hole, it is just stiff when it is opening the valves.

Double check all of your clearances on your valves and decompressioner, and double check that its timed right. Then give it a rip.👍