Sign in to follow this  

Steering stabilizer on KDX with KX forks

Scott's makes a collar that works on the KDX frame/head. The collar can be bolted on or welded to your frame. The pin length is then modified to work with my KXF submount set up.

Did the same setup to my son's KDX. He has KX 125 forks 03. What I learned is that I was able to use the same KXF triple clamps because the forks were the same outside diameter. Dont quote me on this but I think the KX 500 forks might be the same as many years 125 forks. Search that because I have seen it discussed at KDX Rider.net

I found out today somethiong on my project. I have an 2000 KDX200 that I am putting a '01 KX125 forks and triple clamp on. I was going to get a BRP upper triple clamp so I can use my Scotts steering stabalizer, but BRP stopped making them for that particular year because they don't sell that many. BRP told me to look at Applied Racing's triple clamp and hopefully BRP can sell me the bar mounts so I can use my steering stabalizer. I hope it all works out.

Little Jeff

Interested in your response....mine is a '03 KDX220 with '03 KX125 forks. Got a pic of your son's bike with the stablizer on? Or are you saying that it has KX125 forks but with KXF triples? Thanks.

Scott's makes a collar that works on the KDX frame/head. The collar can be bolted on or welded to your frame. The pin length is then modified to work with my KXF submount set up.

Did the same setup to my son's KDX. He has KX 125 forks 03. What I learned is that I was able to use the same KXF triple clamps because the forks were the same outside diameter. Dont quote me on this but I think the KX 500 forks might be the same as many years 125 forks. Search that because I have seen it discussed at KDX Rider.net

From what I remember (please check) the 03 -05 KX 125 and 04 05 KXF 250 forks were same diameter. Son's bike has KXF clamp and KX 125 forks. My bike same clamp but with KXF forks. Both have Scotts submount. send me an email address. Dont know how to post pics.