15/44 to 14/47 spocket change - will my stock chain still fit?

Have a question for you guys. I have an 09 DRZ 400s and do 90% trail riding. Stock gearing is 15/44. In order to gain more low end I went from a 15 to 14 front spocket. It made a noticable difference but I still would prefer more low end. Now, I was thinking about changing rear sprocket from a 44 to a 47 tooth. I am concerned that my stock O-ring chain will no longer fit and I will have to buy a longer chain. Will my stock chain fit this 14/47 set up? Thanks. Scott

Great! That's what I wanted to hear. Is this your gearing set up? What is your top speed?

I usually run 15/47 because its better on the street. Cruising at 60 mph with 15/47 I'm at about 6700 rpm, but I've blasted across fire roads at 70 mph with this gearing, although she's pretty much screaming at that speed.

Thanks for the information. I will go ahead and give the 14/47 a try. I still have the stock 15 and can swap back if I need to. This was my first post/thread and I am impressed by the quick responses from all of you. This is a great site. Cheers. Scott

I have been back and forth between e and s gearing and I have to say that either 14-47 or 15-44 (basically the same setup) seems to be the best compromise I have found. If you do want the e gearing you could alway add a 13 tooth counter shaft sprocket. It will be cheaper and it should still fit your chain. I'm currently running 110 length chain and I can go from a 15-44 down to a 13-44, Its always easier to play with the countershaft sprocket as apposed to the driven sprocket and it makes sense as the countershaft is easier to change, and cheaper.