still have an issue....leaking overflow??

Hey guys,

still trying to dial in my 99 yz 250....i think im really close.

i started it today (95 degrees out), and got it to idle. it was surging a bit, so i made it more rich (turned OUT the air/pilot), i revved it, and it took a while to come back down so i turned the air/pilot out more...

it finally comes down nice, feels crisp on a quick rev...HOWEVER....

i now noticed...about 1 drop every second coming from my coolant overflow tube...

what could cause this? just cause its more hot out today? cuz it was sitting there idling? im not sure but it worries me a bit.

thanks in advance

jets: main-178, pilot was recently changed from a 50, to a 55.

When you're at a stop and idling, you're not cooling your radiators.. They depend on forward motion to move air through them for cooling.. You were probably overheating a smidge, nothing to worry about IMO..

BTW, you sound WAY rich at a 55 PJ.. Most of us have pretty good luck with 48/50 PJ's

When you're at a stop and idling, you're not cooling your radiators.. They depend on forward motion to move air through them for cooling.. You were probably overheating a smidge, nothing to worry about IMO..

BTW, you sound WAY rich at a 55 PJ.. Most of us have pretty good luck with 48/50 PJ's

i was surging like CRAZY at a 50 pj. it was also fouling on the first acceleration.

with the 55 it seems to run a lot better, surging is minimal...

but with the coolant overflow leaking, i had it idling for prolly 10 min +, so i guess it was overheating a bit

i was surging like CRAZY at a 50 pj. it was also fouling on the first acceleration.

with the 55 it seems to run a lot better, surging is minimal...

but with the coolant overflow leaking, i had it idling for prolly 10 min +, so i guess it was overheating a bit

If you're fouling plugs with a 50 PJ, a 55 will make it worse... 👍

If you're fouling plugs with a 50 PJ, a 55 will make it worse... 👍

i dont know man...thats what i thought too....after speaking to my mechnic he advised me otherwise...

i actually just checked my plug and its a little white, an 100% dry. it looks like im actually running a little LEAN now with a 55 pilot...

*sigh*