Towing a 4th bike

so our trailer fits 3,

and we want to bring our kx60.

would it be a dumb idea to put the 60 in front of the trailer where it connects to the tow hitch???

Can you fabricate and weld? If so go down to your local steel suplier and pick up some 2/6 11Ga u chanel. Weld it to the front of the trailer or on the back in between the rails and face the little bike backwards. I did that to my three rail trailer to carry my kids 50's. I tried to find the pic I had; but no such luck.

Back in the mid 80's we had a 3 rail trailer and 4 bikes. My dad took the center tire chock and moved it back until it was in the middle of the center rail. We then loaded one bike from the rear(like normal) and one facing backwards on the center rail. Worked great.?

Is your trailer a flat bed or a rail trailer?

If It's a flat bed move the outside bikes as far out as possible, move the inside as tight as you can against one of the outside bikes (pad between), then put the 60 in backward. You can pack'm in pretty tight just put padding between the bikes. ?

Edited by MXOldtimer

Funny story though I wasn't there: buddy of mine has a 4' x 6' trailer, that he can fit 3 bikes on easily enough. Needed to get a fourth bike on. So they take a 2"x12"x8' board and nail it to the wood deck at the front of the trailer. Rather than measure the board and cut it to the needed length, they load the bike (CR500) on there, tie it down, and whip out the electric chainsaw to cut the unneeded ends off the board!

I only saw the aftermath, which was four dirt bikes on a space you could barely fit a model railroad.