Suspension bearings - observation and question

Hidey ho my riding compadres! After reading some threads with horror stories about how quickly and how badly suspension bearings can go, I figgerd it was a good idea to disassemble my 07 "L" with about 3k miles on it. Mostly street, never submerged, but definitely got wet plenty of times. Well, it's all apart and I first checked the swingarm beargings: PERFECT:banana: Full of nice clean grease, no wear or corrosion that I can see. I have lubed them throught the zerk fitting a couple of times - maybe that's why. I packed them with Bel Ray waterproof grease and set it aside. I will inspect the rest of the suspension bearings tomorrow.

NOW FOR MY QUESTION: I'd like to check/lube my rear wheel bearing while everything is apart, but HOW???👍

Stick you're thumb in it and give it a turn and check for slop..It might be a little stiff,that's ok.

I usually use the axle to do this. I just put it just a little ways in and check for slop. I really doubt that there will be any on your bike. Unless you go underwater they last a long time. I just replaced the wheel bearings on my 1980 CM400 with about 30k miles. They are smaller than the bearings on the L and they were fine.

I've never had to replace a swingarm bearing, but I have had problems with the rest of the linkage. The dogbone seems most vulnerable to water intrusion. The one on my bike right now has seen better days. The best thing you can do is install the zerk fittings on all the bearings while you have it apart.

OK, got the rest of the suspension apart. The other links are fine, but definitely due for some new grease. They did come with plenty of grease from the factory.

QUESTION: One of the links is "L" shaped. One end takes a bolt, the other has a bearing that easily comes apart. In the middle by the bend is another bearing that seems to be held in by rubber grommets. Do I take this out and lube it too? Any special way to get it out?