Sign in to follow this  

Tips Appreciated!

Hi 👍

Recently bought an SM and I'm looking to spice it up a bit, make it a bit more sporty looking. Anybody have any tips?

10i9oc0.jpg

aaergn.jpg

Much appreciated🤣 thanks!

Lose all those gorram stickers. Get some better looking turn signals. Replace the decorative axle sliders.

Which stickers? The only ones on it are the factory ones. What would you recommend instead?

Definately need some new turn signals.

there not a lot out there on this side of the pond with out going custom to be honest, smaller indicates is a good start, loose the pillion pegs if you dont need them and loose the helmet lock while your at it too thats about it really

I noticed there seems to be a lot more of a supermoto 'scene' in the 'States than there is in England. Not very helpful for those who don't want to own a Gixxer, Ninja or YZF-R 👍

Will take off the pillion pegs for sure. I have no intent on carrying the missus🤣

Which stickers?

The swing-arm, the fork guards, the knuckle-guards. Is it a bike or a billboard? 🤣 You asked for opinions--these are mine.

Besides, the best way to make a DRZ look sporty is to enter a corner with a Ninja on your ass and exit the corner with the Ninja a dot in your mirrors. It's HI-larious when they rocket past you in the straight, their egos lashing in the wind, and then, next corner, there you are, back up their flue, weaving on the line 'cause you're bored and you can.

Track days. Suspension mods and track days. That's what you need to be spending money on. 👍

Spend all your free time looking at ThumperTalk !

+1 for removing rear pegs & helmet lock. I did the turkey baster mod & the crf rear master cylinder mod to "clean up" the rear shock area.

TT MCCT is a highly recommended mod.

Go to Wheeling Cycles and spend all your extra money

Ride it hard & have fun!

carbon fibre 👍 always the way to go mate, have a look at my garage pics. im from uk aswell so there are parts out there. theres a few tricked out drz's in the uk mate

Cheers guys, getting some smaller LED indicators and some smaller, less obvious mirrors. Going to take the pillion pegs off tomorrow.

Don't agree with taking all the factory stickers off. Plain plastics look pure shit imo.

side.jpg

Change the tail light , check mine in my garage , install a real sm front fender , remove stock blinkers and install smaller , remove this seat strap or even better replace the seat cover with a gripper one , you could also change the headlight .