Sign in to follow this  

How Long Does It Take?

Ive been looking for over 2 good months now about everyday to find me a decent truck. a halfsize pickup with a V6 and a 5 speed? Is that too much to ask for? Ive searched EVERY day for around 250 miles of me and cant find a decent half size with those two options. If I ever do find one, they are beat to crap or have a ton of miles. There are tons of 4cyl 5 speeds but the 4cly would make me kill myself. Budget is also pretty limited.

Seems like the 5 speed is really unpopular and not many people use them in trucks anymore.

Join the club....I've been searching for a F350, 4dr, longbed with a V10, 4x4 dually for some time, and don't want one that has been hoopty-ed up or used as a practice rig for a demo derby, and they're few and far between.

Just gotta keep searching....you'll find what you want, don't 'settle' for 'kinda-sorta'.

do what we do, expand to your nexus best neighbor (spelling the USA way:thumbsup:) free trade and easy metric conversion. Diesels/auto are the demand in CDN. Happy hunting.

Good luck

I have a V6 Dakota with a 5-speed that I bought new

I wanted a 5 speed. Of all the dealers in Chicagoland, no one had one. The dodge dealer did a inventory serach and the closest one they could find was 150 miles away

Just find a clean V6 auto.... They're everywhere....

yup, but I want a 5 speed. Ive also been looking at diesels too.

yup, but I want a 5 speed. Ive also been looking at diesels too.

But you can't find a 5 speed. You have to sacrifice that if you want a good truck, you don't wanna just grab the first 5 speed. Also, you were looking at mini pickups but your looking at diesels too? I guess you have some time to look for the right one.

yeh I have some time. Until october basically. I know the 1\2 size and diesels contradict each other, but still been looking with both. Finding a diesel with a 5 speed is almost more challenging than a 1\2 size, but I come across more 5 speed diesels than 1\2 size with a v6

Fun, easy to work on, cheaper to repair than auto's. which will be a plus since most of the trucks in my price range are 80k+. But mainly the fun factor, and feeling in total control of the car. I would rather have a manual in any car than an auto.

you wont find a new truck with a stick anymore, but there's quite a few used ones around. The older ya go the more likely it'll be a stick. 20 years ago the majority were, but thats before everyone got too lazy to shift.

If by half size you mean mini truck, look for 84-92 S10's.... there's a ton of those with 5 speeds. Rangers of the same era too.

Sadly those of us who actually enjoy driving and want a durable transmission are outnumbered by the steeringwheel holders these days.

you wont find a new truck with a stick anymore, but there's quite a few used ones around. The older ya go the more likely it'll be a stick. 20 years ago the majority were, but thats before everyone got too lazy to shift.

If by half size you mean mini truck, look for 84-92 S10's.... there's a ton of those with 5 speeds. Rangers of the same era too.

Sadly those of us who actually enjoy driving and want a durable transmission are outnumbered by the steeringwheel holders these days.

You can still get a Ranger w/ a 5spd manual trans in either 4 cyl or V6 engine.

You can still get a Ranger w/ a 5spd manual trans in either 4 cyl or V6 engine.

yeah, colorado's too.... but I don't think any of the full sizes are available in stick anymore.

even the little trucks you'd have to special order I'd imagine. Sticks were darn near impossible to find on the lot in '06 when I ordered mine, I doubt its gotten better.

Lots of Colorados with the 5 speed even brand new, keep looking for a '98ish 5 speed S10 with the V6, my buddy has one, its pretty good on gas, 20ish mpg and pretty decent power too.

yeah, colorado's too.... but I don't think any of the full sizes are available in stick anymore.

even the little trucks you'd have to special order I'd imagine. Sticks were darn near impossible to find on the lot in '06 when I ordered mine, I doubt its gotten better.

GM and Ford don't offer a stick anymore that I'm aware of, but you can still get a Dodge/Cummins combo with a manual transmission.