TE510/SMR510 Vibration Differences

Just wondering if anyone can provide a comparison of engine vibration differences between a TE and SMR. According to the parts list the SMR has a counterbalancer that the TE does not. It looks like it could be added to the TE to make it a bit more civilized on the road. Has anyone noticed a difference or made the addition to a TE?

I had the same issues when I first bought my 07. I found the parts are about 1400 with labor to install. It's not worth it to me. I hardly feel the vibes in the dirt, where she spends most of her time. On the street if I ride at 62 mph or above to about 67 mph it gets bad. I just avoid those speeds. Usually. I am coming in or going out to trails and the roads are rural so the speeds are ok. A few times I've had to freeway it for about 25 miles at a stretch. It was tolerable. If this becomes one of those rare bikes I keep forevever when the time comes I will install the parts during a rebuild. Fwiw this bike is the least fatiguing I ever had off road.

Don't forget the single rim lock on the TE's will also cause vibration at highway speeds, I felt those at anything over 45 mph, balance that out & overall vibrations at highway speeds are cut down quite a bit.

The difference is massive, it goes from that high frequency, sharp jack hammer to muted, soft purr. I have my SMR450 CB in my TE/TC and if I can get my third cracked engine case repaired,,,I will again enjoy the beautiful combo of TC top end, SMR CB/6 speed and TE chassie. Delightful when it is not broken.

Every bike with tbis engine should have the CB, even the MXers. It takes away nothing as far as hit/power and keeps the bike from feeling like it will self destruct. The difference between raw and refined.

They still vibrate with the balancer, the balancer helps but my SMR510 has more noise and vibration than any of my MX bikes, but it seems to hold up fine. My hands turn white on cold mornings from the combination of vibration and cold, I can ride my KLX with knobby tires on 10 degree colder mornings and have no problem. It is just the nature of the beast, probably one reason the cranks have some bearing problems in long term use.

I've ridden an 09 TE and an 09 SMR back to back and can say with certainty that the the counter balancer makes an notable difference. The SMR still vibrates but you can run that bike up and down through the rev range smoothly where the TE feels a little like it wants to self destruct. Of course this is on the street. In the dirt the TE's lack of a balancer is almost not noticeable, but with the bike being factory street legal Husky should have included the counter balancer stock.