Sign in to follow this  

possible transmission problem with 05 crf250r?

When I start to release my clutch and it begins to engage there is a weird rough feeling so to speak in the drive train. Normally when the clutch starts to engage and the bike starts to move, everything feels smooth but this is not the case. It is hard to explain but if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about and might have some knowledge of what might be wrong, please let me know. I wouldn't think it would be my clutch, I am almost positive it is in the tranny being the way it feels. I just want to get out and ride!

Drain the fluids and check for metal/debris. Keep track of how much fluid comes out of the tranny.

Also pull the clutch cover and take a look...

You could have a broken fiber in the clutch pack somewhere. Also, looke at the outer basket and see if it's badly notched. This could give you the feeling that you're trying to describe.

Thanks everyone for the replys! Ii turns out the clutch basket is getting worn down by the clutch plates. The fins are getting pretty choppy so I think that solves my problem. I am going to try and get by with just filing the fins smooth and ride awhile before buying a new basket. I am currently needing a valve job so money is an issue.