Sign in to follow this  

What Did You Break Recently?

There's a thread for everything else, so why not the "oh snap!" pics and funny stories of what people broke on their bikes? Pics or not, let's get a good thread going!

As usual, OP starts off.

I've somehow managed to break 2 fuel valves so far. First one was meh, second one was a POS the shop put on in a hurry that broke in one ride for no reason.

Levers. Can't go without snapping a lever or two. Lookin into bark busters soon.

Now for the weird part. Today when I pulled in to take a break, I looked down at my bike and noticed that I had no kick starter. I panicked, figuring it was long gone, and looked down at my feet to see it sitting there. ***?

KickStarter.jpg

Nothing was even damaged, the threads on the kick starter and the hole that fastens it on are perfectly fine. For the rest of the day, I just kept it in my bag, and when I needed to start it, put it on, kicked, then removed and put it back in my bag. 👍 ghetto

Bent triple clamp, bars, brake lever, seat, subframe, muffler, mid pipe, left fork, front number plate, right shroud cracked, front fender and probably more I cant remember. All had to be replaced.

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

pipe1.jpg

My last crash I put a massive hole in my arm, broke my T7 vertebrae for the second time and shattered the fenders front and rear

Every engine mount on my 1974 can-am mx1 250, all at almost the same time.

Three weeks ago wile practicing for the race season, I crashed on a 80ft step up, broke my arm and shatterd and dislocated my wrist. I had to have emergency surgery to restore blood flow to my hand. I'm left with 1 plate three screws and 6 pins and lots of pain. Im trying not to take pain killers, I don't want to become dependant on them.

Propped it up, turned and walked away. "SNAP" Just fell over on its side. 👍

KickStand001.jpg

Nothing! 👍 I'm going on 7 months since I have broke anything. I did bend a radiator guard, creased a shroud, and ripped a grip, so I think I'm doing damn well for as much improvement as I've made in that time period.

earlier today i was doin a hill climb on our 60 and looped out, ran with it for like 15 feet but i fell on my face and split the rear fender straight down the center.

its to bad my dad doesnt know how to use a camera, and theres a rain drop in the middle of the lens.

cause i straight hucked it on that jump

Edited by dylans503

I wish i could brake something on my bike...but no,i cant. My bike is 2500 miles away,and i have to wait another 3 months till i get home 👍:banghead:🤣🙂

broke my arm(radius) on a 40ft step down jump at the terrain park snowboarding. i was going way too fast and overshot the landing....now 4 screws and a plate later I get to watch my friends ride and race from the sidelines:banghead:

I was going to say you dropped a valve.... I've bought a bike like that. You gotta love four strokes!

Edited by mx4god
I didn't like my first response

I was going to say you dropped a valve.... I've bought a bike like that. You gotta love four strokes!

You gotta 'hate' four strokes. 👍

I love my smoker 👍 only things I've broken are dumb things unrelated to the engine lol

I love my smoker 🙂

I love mine too, I just had to try a few thumpers to see why everyone liked them so much...... or hated them.👍

Sorry for getting off topic.🤣