What Did You Break Recently?

Bent triple clamp, bars, brake lever, seat, subframe, muffler, mid pipe, left fork, front number plate, right shroud cracked, front fender and probably more I cant remember. All had to be replaced.

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

pipe1.jpg

And how did the Left Fork Break?And how did you do that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how did the Left Fork Break?And how did you do that.

Well the bike popped into neutral right as I was going off of an 80' table. I thought I did it, but then I thought about it and I was in third so for some reason that happened. So it endoed so bad I had to jump off. Shattered my heel and my bike landed right on the front end. It bent the left upper fork tube.

The result of a wacky torque wrench...?

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab34/ftball90/IMG_0030.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab34/ftball90/IMG_0029.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab34/ftball90/IMG_0028.jpg

Brand new right side crank case... happened the day after I put the bike back together!?

Looks like you didn't mesh the water pump gear with the crankshaft gear as you installed the cover and used the bolts to drive it together.

Went out for a ride last weekend with a brand new clutch lever and perch, after unloading my bike i leaned it up against the the trailer, i turned around to get my helmet and the bike fell over snapping my new lever, guess i should of made sure the bike was stable before leaving it

I was on my XR650R and my friend was on my XR400R "buddy bike" I loaned him for a ride. We sat at the bottom of a steep climb up to a 12' wide level dirt road, with the hill continuing on up on the other side of the road. We had to stop when you reach the road. I told him to keep the power on until the front just crests the hill, then nail the brakes or you'll pile drive into the hill on the other side of the road. He blasts up the hill and chops the power about a bike length before the top. He panic revs and dumps the clutch producing a huge, beautiful loop-out that launched the bike over his head and back down the hill. It was like slow motion as the bike did a jaw-dropping 12 foot high 360 in mid air, landing perfectly on both wheels on the hill, ? then bouncing up for another graceful 180 in mid air, landing upside down, :applause: then doing an amusing cartwheel, end over end, before landing on it's side, rolling twice, then sliding down the hill to the bottom.

"You're a dick!" I yelled, and motored over to the bike, which was still purring like a kitten on its side. I shut it off. On the way down the hill, he lost his footing and did a couple of summer-salts down the hill. "You can't even ride your feet, you ball-sack!" I said.?

We picked the bike up and gave it a look...after digging the mud and grass out of the levers, sprocket, and forks...no damage! :thumbsup:He scratched my side panels up, and the fenders had some road rash, but other than that, nothing! It started first kick.

"XR's! Not as new as your sheet, but they never break!" I gotta change my sig to that one now...?:jawdrop:

I need some advice from you wiser, experienced guys on this one. Yesterday I was at a friends house to meet up for a group ride. I was on my YZ250 with only 8 hours on the thing. He used to ride a YZ250 too and he came out of the house as I was warming up, expecting a ride on it. I never let anyone ride my bike, but I thought because he had a YZ a few years ago he knows what hes doing. Ya, I was wrong because he smoked my clutch. The play almost reached my handle bars. So, pissed it didn't know what to say. What's right is that he should replace my clutch. What should do? Should I confront him which would be awkward as all hell or just let it go and no matter what say NO to ANYONE the next time? Do you hate it when your bike breaks and it's not your fault? this sucks!