Sign in to follow this  

Tall rider wants new bars

I have a 05 xr650L and I just bought some rox 2" pivioting risers. Im looking for some aftermarket bars and am not sure what to get. Ive heard people using cr hi bend, but im not sure if I will have to get new cables with those bars with the risers. Can anyone suggest some different bars that they like on this bike to give it a different feel? Thanks, Alfred

I also wanted taller bars and the tallest that I could find were the "Pastrana FMX" bend Pro-Tapers. I have them mounted on top of a Scotts S.U.B. mount, but this combo did require new throttle cables.

I used 200mm (2 inch) Moose Universal risers and Pro Taper Bars - Woods High Bend. Just a touch narrower. Still stock cables, they're tight though. The bike just feels a lot better now.

0616091124a.jpg

I use Pro Taper CR hi bends with 2" rox risers

no new cables required

I used 200mm (2 inch) Moose Universal risers and Pro Taper Bars - Woods High Bend. Just a touch narrower. Still stock cables, they're tight though. The bike just feels a lot better now.

do you remember where you picked up the moose risers?

was it the set that comes with the blocks for adapting them to fat bars?

I ended up getting the rc/windham renthall bars. They are just a little shorter than the cr high bends but not much. Between the risers and those bars, wich have a lot less sweep than stock, it gives the bike a whole new feel and its a little more comfortable to stand up on. Ive heard of people putting upside down forks on replacing the stock forks. Anyone do this? Pain? What year bike?

Carefull of the full left/right turning. Throttle may not want to snap back to closed when you go too long and too high with the bars and still keep stock cables.

I went with Protaper ATV mids, stock triples. and the throttle wants to stick in with bars turned. I have to keep the cables lubed and alot of slop in the adjustment to prevent it.

Thank you I will keep a eye on that. Ive only riden about a half hour because of the weather but so far so good.

I bought them at the local Honda shop, off the shelf - and yes, they're made for 1 1/8 bars. I do agree with the comments about the cables. For mine to work prefectly, I will need to get some longer ones from XR's Only. For now, they're ok though.

I've got the same issue... But I'm a mere 6'4"... so I just went with the Rox 2" Pivot Risers to get the bars farther forward. They were $80 bucks on their site. The Moose 2" risers I found on www.motorcycle-superstore.com were $55, but the seem to compound the issue b/c they're pushing the bars closer to the rider, instead of further forward...

I'll report back once I get the Rox Pivots on...