Sign in to follow this  

1979 XR500 Mugen replica project

Hello all,

I have a couple of 1981 XR500R, one of them with some interesting mods (Simons fork, White Bros swing arm, etc.).

While looking for spares for those, destiny put in my way a 1979 C&J Frame and a pair of Fox Air shocks that I just had to have.

I am now developing the idea of building up this frame to be a XR500 Mugen "White Machine" replica for those who know.

For this I really need some information and parts. In particular right now I am looking for:

- any bits or whereabouts of the 1979/80 Baja Commander Mugen power kit

- foot pegs and brackets to fit a C&J frame

Thanks folks

Sorry, No info for ya, but looks like the makings of a very cool project. Post up the results when finished! 👍

Not quite finished yet, but getting there.

Will show it in San José on March 26.

Any tips on how to trace a Mugen exhaust header welcome. This is the only big piece missing!!

IMG_20110312_212453.jpg

IMG_20110312_211247.jpg

Any tips on how to trace a Mugen exhaust header welcome. This is the only big piece missing!!

IMG_20110312_212453.jpg

IMG_20110312_211247.jpg

That's awesome eric..

At the San José show a few weeks ago.

IMG_20110326_112009.jpg

While I am here, I have a question re the old small cone Supertrapp mufflers: How does one fit a spark arrestor to those things

IMG_20110312_212453.jpg

IMG_20110312_211247.jpg

There was one of these for sale on CL just a week ago in Idaho. Ad said it was built for a Honda factory rider.

There was one of these for sale on CL just a week ago in Idaho. Ad said it was built for a Honda factory rider.

A whole bike or just the exhaust? Would you have the link to the ad. I cant find it on Google.

Thanks,

E

It was a whole C&J framed bike. The ad expired and I can't find any link to it again. Probably hasn't been relisted. Was listed in Washinton edition but actually in Idaho. I saved some of the pics fortunately.

It looks like such a small bike in the video....and sure has some pop to the exhaust note. 👍

Yeah, the exhaust is loud and I am a big fellow 👍 The supersoft rear shocks make the bike look very low too.