opinions on this bike?

ive been trying to buy a yz for a while now, they keep selling faster than i can even go look at em. so i am planning on driving 3 hours each way to get this bike, what do u think? http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/1672645359.html

i know 2k seems a bit high but up here in the pacific nw it seems fair for an 02, thats what people are wanting for there 98-01s 👍

i did talk with him via email he will let me ride it and it has a clean title.

Looks nice, low ball him with cash, I would start at 1600$. Check all the basics, wear marks?, does it look beat? Check rear wheel/swing arm/front wheel wobble (bearings), Are all the bolts clean and not rounded off? Air filter clean? Ask questions about What type of riding he did? Where he rode it? Ask if there are any issues? You can get a idea on the person your dealing with if he is a shaddy guy or an up front guy. If the guy tells you it has low hours and the frame/side covers are worn to shit then you know he is shaddy and not telling the truth. Cover all the basics and take your time, If you have any doubt/susppision walk away, dont give in to compulsive buying. Good luck!

When buying a used bike I always ask "what kind of grease did you use on the linkage?

If the guy gives you a dumb look and has no answer, he didn't maintain the bike properly. It also makes the guy feel stupid and he will be willing to drop a couple hundred bucks.

When buying a used bike I always ask "what kind of grease did you use on the linkage?

If the guy gives you a dumb look and has no answer, he didn't maintain the bike properly. It also makes the guy feel stupid and he will be willing to drop a couple hundred bucks.

Thats a great idea...love it!

I like the fact he had the hurricane kit on it. Someone who would buy a graphic kit enjoyed his bike and may not be afraid to spend bucks maintaining it. I believe the majority of beat bikes I've seen for sale had no graphics or the browned out stockers.

I would also ask, "What piston do you like in this bike? Wiseco or Stock? It might open up some interesting dialogue.

Heres a list form the utah area. Yoru price sounds reasonable, for sure.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231&nocache=1&search=%22yamaha+yz+250%22&zip=&distance=&min_price=&max_price=&type=&x=0&y=0

I like the fact he had the hurricane kit on it. Someone who would buy a graphic kit enjoyed his bike and may not be afraid to spend bucks maintaining it. I believe the majority of beat bikes I've seen for sale had no graphics or the browned out stockers.

BUT didnt bother Powder coating the frame ,so might go both ways...

yeah i guess i just need to go look at it and see for myself.

ive always wondered how the heck am i supposed to check swingarm bearings? grab the frame and swingarm and try to rock it side to side?

oh well im not too picky i am very lucky i have many close friends who are 2 stroke geniuses, as long as the frame/forks/case are in good shape and its not beat i have plenty of people looking forward to helping me work on it. one friend wants to tear it down and powdercoat the frame/do all the bearings as soon as i get it haha 👍

i will see how it goes, maybe go look at it today

That seems like a decent deal as I also live in the NW and looked for a YZ for a long time! So I know whats out there. And I love that Hurricane look! I would ask for some close up shots of the pipe, tires, plastics, ect. If he really wants to sell the bike, he'll do it!! Really know what your lookng at before you do that drive! I beleive, most of the time, a person that takes care of his bike also wants it to look good. You don't see a person that really took care of his bike and it looks like sheit!!

well the guy wouldnt reply in a timely fashion so i called on this one

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/1671227216.html

its a little older than i wanted but come to find out he actually lives 20 miles from me, definately close enough for me to drag some friends along to check it out for me 👍. thnx for ur help guys, ill post up pics if/when i get it🤣

That seems like a decent deal as I also live in the NW and looked for a YZ for a long time! So I know whats out there. And I love that Hurricane look! I would ask for some close up shots of the pipe, tires, plastics, ect. If he really wants to sell the bike, he'll do it!! Really know what your lookng at before you do that drive! I beleive, most of the time, a person that takes care of his bike also wants it to look good. You don't see a person that really took care of his bike and it looks like sheit!!

ur pretty lucky i saw on portland craigslist bikes are about $500 cheaper and alot more to choose from. i was actually debating roadtripping there grabbing a hotel and shopping down there.

ur pretty lucky i saw on portland craigslist bikes are about $500 cheaper and alot more to choose from. i was actually debating roadtripping there grabbing a hotel and shopping down there.

Ha! I Portland there was a bunch a crap! There was nothing in town! I found an 05' that had about 10hours on it in Boise and it has been the best thing cause it looked brand new and was very nice for $2600. Hold out for a good deal! You just need to spend some time with it, looking around that is!