First rmz!!!

I`m selling my yz to get something diffrent and I`m thinking about getting an rmz250 but I know nothing about rmzs. What are the years I should stay away from?

Well coventional wisdom around here is stay away from 04-06's. Weren't the most reliable bikes. Although my 05 has been bulletproof. Anywho... I would look for a 08 on up. 07's seem to have random clutch issues to deal with. Take care of the bike (maintenance) and don't ride it like a 2-stroke. It has been said that the RMZ's are the best handling out of the bunch. Good luck with your decision.

We just got our '08, we were kinda steered that direction. I only did minimal research on my own, just knew the kid was looking at the RMZs. We had an opportunity to get an '07 or an '08 new overstock. Both bikes were the same price (I guess to offset dealer loss, they can only go so low). We went to to several dealerships and talk to sales people, service techs, and parts people - cause my kid likes to smooze and talk bikes... repeatedly they would tell us to look at the '08s. They didn't specify a mechanical reason... just said they were the better year. Then the sales reps and service people said if they could get any year RMZ for the same price, it would be the 2010 because of the FI.

Hope this helps, but like I said nothing specific that I recall... I'm sure an '09 would be in the same order as the '08s.

-Kerry

07 or 08. The 08 has a different pilot jet setting, bng, and "winglets" in the carb throat. ( like the scary fast product.)

We have 2 07's and they are the best bikes we've ever owned. You'll love the low end snap and the handling. Add a pro circuit or fmf exhaust and you'll have a wicked dirt bike. I honestly think they are the most fun you can have on a 250f.