Sign in to follow this  

Might be picking up a 2009 RMZ450 - Thoughts ?

Haven't done too much research into this bike.

Found one at a local dealer for $5k.

Jut wondering fi thats a good price and if this is a great bike to own?

Thanks !

You might want to get some help to pick it up. They are pretty heavy.👍

This is a very good bike and at 5k that's a steal!

Get an aluminum radiator T fitting and remap the EFI, and let the good times roll!!

Yes it was a big difference! What an upgrade worth every penny. Everyone thats ridden my bike has said that its power is amazing and its super easy to ride.

does it rev out as fast as everyone says?

It depends how it ride. If you ride slow, it won't if you ride fast, it will rev out a little faster than any other bike. A cheap and easy fix would change the gearing, or add cams or a pipe. But I'll be honest here, it doesn't rev out as fast as you think, and the low to midrange "bark" is better than alot of the other bikes. I don't have a huge issue with it. I just learn to shortshift and it works awesome.

Agreed...It is faster when you short shift, no reason to be in the high rpms when all the power is down fairly low.

Thats good info! I'm also looking into getting a 09 rmz 450.. Any thoughts on its handling??

Thats good info! I'm also looking into getting a 09 rmz 450.. Any thoughts on its handling??

Im told its one of the best bikes n regards to handling. Thats one of the biggest reasons why Im buying it. Win races thru turns not straight aways

Im told its one of the best bikes n regards to handling. Thats one of the biggest reasons why Im buying it. Win races thru turns not straight aways

Tru dat danny! ha 👍