dr650se tank

does anyone know the Weight of the stock dr650se tank?

i have had my eyes on this clarke tank it is same size as stock but plastic. im thinkin it would be ligther then the stock..

http://www.clarkemfg.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=289&zenid=qmnjmjce2r7vfk4cnkvlpbmf24

does anyone here have one and do they like it or any plms??

I just put a ims tank on my dr650 and it felt like it weighed more than the stock tank.

keep in mind also that a bigger tank will weigh more when you fill it.

Well, it doesn't. I actually put them on a scale.

Keep in mind that you can always fill a tank only as far as you need it. And if both carry the same amount of gas, the bigger tanks usually carry it lower which helps with handling.

Well I need a bigger tank, that's for sure. Riding with a couple of buddies the last few days they've been teasing me because I'm always stopping for gas. IMS is about the only worthwhile choice (Safari seems just silly) -- just need to decide which color. While the Clarke seems to be the nicest looking, I ain't after looks, I need an extra gallon.

OEM is 13Litres

Clarke is 14 Litres

IMS is 18 Litres

Safari is 33Litres ??

To me any used part should be half price or close to it, unless it's still brand new, but if you buy a tank used and for the most part unseen it mite have places worn thin from rubbing the frame, or just a flaw from the manufacturer, used part can be a crap shoot.