Sign in to follow this  

'06 Front Brake line fits '02 YZ250?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if a front brake line from an '06 YZ250 will fit on a '02 YZ250?

The part numbers online are different, but they look similar.

Thanks,

Ed

They route differently. The 02 goes below the fork leg and the 06 goes around it on the wheel side. The 02 line will be longer. I think you can make it work, but you would also need the newer fork guard for the line guide.

Here is the set-up to swap to the later CR-style front brake routing...

Yamaha 2006 front brake line:

1C3-25872-50-00

Yamaha 2009 YZ brake cable clamp:

17D-23466-00-00 & 17D-23467-00-00

Lightspeed fork guards:

http://www.lightspeedperf.com/products/index.php?action=item&id=412&prevaction=category&previd=15&prevstart=0

2 Yamaha 2006 YZ upper fork protectors (for use with the Lightspeed guards):

1C3-2314F-M0-00

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9018487#post9018487

Ed,

If you want to use the '06-'08 style cable clamp/guide, PM me and I'll send you my old one.

YZfrontbrakeclamp.gif

👍

I did the Light speed fork guards with 09 clamp on my 02 125. The fork guard is drilled for Honda CR clamp bolt pattern so you need to open up the holes in the plastic slightly. The brake line is a Tusk (Galfer) CR style line. Not pictured, I also added the 06 YZ fork tube rub guard thingies. It all looks OEM.

3-27-20103.jpg

• Like 1

...Not pictured, I also added the 06 YZ fork tube rub guard thingies. It all looks OEM.
🙂👍

Those upper fork leg guards really give the finishing touch.🤣

Plus, without them, the upper legs WILL get scratched up. :applause:

Information please.

I have the 2002 YZ250 Looking to change it to this type routing. Please give me some insite of year guards you have used to replace the old type. Sources, part numbers would be nice. light spped/Acerbis/UFO? Years, are they all the same mounting at the bottom.

Are the fork guards the same mounts on all years 2002 up? Where the bolts go through to attach them to the bottom of the fork.

Yamaha 2006 front brake line:

1C3-25872-50-00

Is this not a Yamaha part# not Honda? Puzzled.

So, what I need is: any year 2005 up fork guards, brake line clamp for same, and any brake line from a CR/CRF Honda? Sounds easy enough if you could explain it to me, the dummy! LOL

Thanks CaptDan

The lower fork guards were the same from 1996 to 2004.

The guard design, brakeline routing, and attachment points all changed in 2005, so the newer guards won't fit the older bikes. 😏

The good news is that LightSpeed makes a lower fork guard that looks like the later guards but fits the older forks...

http://www.lightspeedcarbon.net/forkguards/yz05styleplasticfullwrap

Like RCannon said, just about any modern front brakeline will work.

I've used one from a 1996 Honda CR250, a 2005 YZ450F, an aftermarket line for a Honda, and an aftermarket line for the YZ.

If you want, PM me and I'll send you a used Goodridge brakeline and a new '05-'08 style cable clamp/guide...

YZfrontbrakeclamp.gif

All you will need is the LightSpeed guards and upper leg protectors

Edited by CaptDan

The lower fork guards were the same from 1996 to 2004.

The guard design, brakeline routing, and attachment points all changed in 2005, so the newer guards won't fit the older bikes. 😏

The good news is that LightSpeed makes a lower fork guard that looks like the later guards but fits the older forks...

http://www.lightspeedcarbon.net/forkguards/yz05styleplasticfullwrap

Like RCannon said, just about any modern front brakeline will work.

I've used one from a 1996 Honda CR250, a 2005 YZ450F, an aftermarket line for a Honda, and an aftermarket line for the YZ.

If you want, PM me and I'll send you a used Goodridge brakeline and a new '05-'08 style cable clamp/guide...

YZfrontbrakeclamp.gif

All you will need is the LightSpeed guards.

Thank you very much for the info. For your price on shipping I'll go ahead and order the stuff I need. I have a brake line for a 2006 CRF230 that might be the right lenth needed, and the clamp is cheep 6.00 bucks total. Very much appriciated for your offer. If I run into problems (backorder) I will PM you and send you a paypal or check for your stuff.

Thanks again CaptDan

I know, thread from the dead, but I'm curious what is used as the fork guards now that light speed doesn't list them any longer. I didn't see this till course, too late I ordered new 11' fork guards and rmatv already shipped em'. 

So what can I do to get the mount on top of the left guard? What have you done? 

Here's my $3 solution..... rubber lined clamp, stainless bolt, fiber lock nut...

IMG_4045.JPG