Water pump

My exc 520 is leaking antifreeze near the water pump, from a small hole in the cylinder. i assumed that the empellar was bad so I replaced it, but it still leaks. Any advise:banghead:

Sounds like your water pump seal that rides on the camshaft is bad. Check out this video on youtube:

Give travis a call and order the upgraded seal carrier kit with backing plate if you haven't done the upgrade. It will make future seal changes a ton easier. In the process of doing it right now on a 01 520, but forgot to order the backing plate for the seal. So waiting on that part right now.. doh! A service manual will help you get everything apart. Good luck!

It is a sweet site!

I can tell you that gear wrenches would be a great thing to have around... 10, 12, 14mm... What year is your bike?

On a KTM u could throw the 12mm in the trash, replace w 13mm. Yep lucky 13 all over ktms!

My exc 520 is leaking antifreeze near the water pump, from a small hole in the cylinder. i assumed that the empellar was bad so I replaced it, but it still leaks. Any advise:banghead:

The guys are right. The seal has 2 sealing surfaces. If the first surface leaks, coolant comes out weep hole and lets u know u have problem. If the second surface leaks u end up w coolant in ur oil.

Friend of mine bought 05 that was like new, barely used. He had same issue when he first got it. I think it sat too long and seal dried up, went bad.