Sign in to follow this  

quietest dirt bikes

Places to ride trails are getting harder to find,My kids and I currently ride a 05 yz250 dad,05ktm 65 oldest son .08 ktm mini adventure youngest .Not selling these bikes but want to purchase the quietest size equivalent for some "stealth"trail riding.Thinking maybe 4stroke since that sound could be mistaken for a car or truck.So alreadt have crf50,xr80,maybe find an xr250 for dad or 2stroke also have a jr50 and know where a used jr80 is.What bikes can be quieted down the most and what is the quietest spark aresters made.

The quietest dirt bikes are going to be the CR-F80Fs, CF-F100Fs, CR-F150Fs, CR-F230Fs, TT-R50s, TT-R110s, TT-R125s, TT-R230s, KLX110s, KLX-140s, DR-Z110s, DR-Z250s, and DR-Z400s as they roll off the showrooms. 👍

XR250's are really quiet, same with the XR400. Most 2 stroke 250's are really loud, KTM's 2 stroke 250s are pretty quiet, relative of course. as for quieting down the most... i'm not sure, but the turbine core 2 quiets 2strokes down so does the Q stealth.

But, also keep in mind that since 4 strokes have a lower frequency sound that it carries much farther. But any of the non racing bikes can be quieted down pretty good.

And I agree with YZ all of those bikes are good and quite off the showroom floor.

my 2001 yz 250f with some random silencer off a 03 or something is so quiet compared to say a 09 crf 250 or 09 yz 250f or 450

some 450's rode past me today and crap they were loud

but the turbine core 2 quiets 2strokes down so does the Q stealth.

I have Q Stealth on an RM 250 and is pretty quiet. the two guys i ride with the most both ride KTM 300's one with a FMF turbine core and one with a Pro Circuit something, cant remember for sure and my bike is quieter than theirs. not a whole lot but for sure quieter.

Ya, go figure, the KTM's are the quietest AND the most powerful. KDX 200's/220's are also quiet, and better performers than the list of porkers above.

KDX with STOCK exhuast. 👍 The CRF250X and WR250F are also quiet with STOCK exhausts too. Gotta leave 'em corked up to be quiet.

KDX with STOCK exhuast.🤣 The CRF250X and WR250F are also quiet with STOCK exhausts too. Gotta leave 'em corked up to be quiet.

👍