Sign in to follow this  

2005 fe 450

What should I know about this bike before I go look at it? I'm generally looking for an 03-07 ktm 400 or 525 exc, but this husaberg caught my eye.

Is there anything specific to look for or to ask about? What about maintenance schedule. How many hours before replacing valves, pistons, etc.

Thanks!

if its the one on cl in mesa, i'd be wary. whenever the owner says the carb needs cleaned that usually means there's a problem elsewhere. in az you will need a title to get your ohv sticker. the price is right, however. depends on whether or not you're willing to spend some time getting things right. they are very nice bikes.

Ha. Yep, that is the one. The price is what attracted me. I'd be willing to bring some tools and tear it apart and look at whats going on. What worries me most is that he abused the bike and didn't do regular maintenance. Seems like it would be a sweet bike to have!

I have owned an abused Husaberg 650. There is a ton of stuff to go wrong in an ill maintained bike, especially a bike that requires more attention than your standard DRZ.

Just a word....stay away unless you want to tear the bike down and find out the whole story. Ask Ned above, he has my 650. He KNOWS Husabergs!!

Husaberg.org is the place for info...great guys. There are a few Husaberg experts in Arizona that can be found on that site such as Ned.

Unless you can get a full history on the bike, and know exactly how it has been care for leave it.

Also if you look in the photo on CL you will note there is another Husaberg behind this one...so either he knows what is going on and he is being sketchy or he just likes owning Husabergs....personally no title is always a deal breaker.

Also if you look in the photo on CL you will note there is another Husaberg behind this one...so either he knows what is going on and he is being sketchy or he just likes owning Husabergs....personally no title is always a deal breaker.

I don't think it is going to work out. I sent him an email the other day asking for a phone call or for his # to call and get more info about the bike and I haven't heard anything... If it does work out it couldn't hurt to meet up with another TTer experienced with Husabergs and give the bike a once over. I'm also looking at a 99/00 Husky TE410. I'd prefer something on the newer end which the husberg seems to offer, but the whole deal bothers me a bit. Maybe that is a sign that I should skip it and move on 👍