Sign in to follow this  

Normal fuel consumption?

Hello,

i have DRZ400E, 440ccm athena kit, no 3x3, orig FCR 39 carb, exhaust from civil DRZ400S (quite and heavy 👍 ) and my fuel consumption is 8,1l / 100km (2,4gal / 62miles).

... It's in normal or it's too much?

Hello,

i have DRZ400E, 440ccm athena kit, no 3x3, orig FCR 39 carb, exhaust from civil DRZ400S (quite and heavy🤣 ) and my fuel consumption is 8,1l / 100km (2,4gal / 62miles).

... It's in normal or it's too much?

Imho that`too much..... I weigh 200 pounds...ride a SSW470 commuting...everyday use... I get around 58 miles(US) per gallon (US)....

👍:thumbsup:

Erling

Edited by ebrabaek

Yeah, for a 440.

I just today turned on resevoir.

2.4 gallons - 85 miles

Yosh RS2 and Keihen FCR39

from what I know anyway, which aint much except I am feeding this thumper gas. 👍

i went 172.1 street miles today on one fill-up of 3.718 gal. so that figues about 46.3mpg.stock motor,15/41 gearing,3x3 airbox,keihin fcrmx 39 carb,yosh trc pro Ti unrestricted system,250# rider w/gear.👍

The stock BSR for the SM will get much more mileage.

I get 46MPG on my DRZ400E commuting to work.

Do you know what jetting is in your carby ? Was the S pipe a euro model ? ( the big torpedo ?) If you have an E then you should have a 3x3 std , if not remove the rubber snorkel and rejet the bike . A few of the things you have mentioned could make your bike way too rich if it isnt jetted to suit , greg

Do you know what jetting is in your carby ? Was the S pipe a euro model ? ( the big torpedo ?) If you have an E then you should have a 3x3 std , if not remove the rubber snorkel and rejet the bike . A few of the things you have mentioned could make your bike way too rich if it isnt jetted to suit , greg

Pipe is probably euro version (look like on picture). Yes, i have 3x3, but i bought the rubber snorkel for higher fordability. I absolutely dont know what jetting is in my carb 👍. I bought drz some months ago and it's 7 years old.

Do you know which jetting is optional for this combination? Snorkel can be pulled out, but then i hope it doesn't suck in some water🤣

20122009577.jpg

Pipe is probably euro version (look like on picture). Yes, i have 3x3, but i bought the rubber snorkel for higher fordability. I absolutely dont know what jetting is in my carb 👍. I bought drz some months ago and it's 7 years old.

Do you know which jetting is optional for this combination? Snorkel can be pulled out, but then i hope it doesn't suck in some water🤣

20122009577.jpg

Rado , did you have the bike rejetted , when you put in the snorkel and put on the tailpipe . If the the bike wasnt , it will be running very rich . The snorkel will reduce airflow into the carby and the tailpipe will reduce gasflow out of the motor , so that could be a major factor in your fuel consumption , greg

The stock BSR for the SM will get much more mileage.

I get 46MPG on my DRZ400E commuting to work.

I have a 2007 stock DRZ SM (new to me!) and in the first 2 tanks of gas I've gotten 60 mpg on the nose. I'm doing 55-65 in general, some but not much city streets.