14 tooth X ?

I have. It was fine on pavement.. very high gearing with 6th.. mostly used 5th, but 6 would still work on long downhills or flat.

I do too much offroad. I missed the lower first gear. But first is low enough for me with the 13/42 combo.

I'm thinking when i get some new chains & sprockets, i might go with 14/44.. that would be like one tooth up in the rear from stock.

For pavement only riders, a 14 on the front would be fine. I never had any problems getting going with the 14 on pavement. ..just the slower offroad stuff.

Good luck. The back wheel will come up a lot easier than the front on an X. Some guys can get a compression/power wheelie, but it's not like a dirtbike where you crack on it and the front wheel comes up. Or...you could slap on a turbo and you won't be needing the clutch. 👍

If you want the bike to wheelie from just opening the throttle and acellerating in the lower two gears, you'll need to gear it down a fair bit, not stick a 14-tooth front sprocket on there, that's for sure. 👍

I'd go with either 12/46 or 13/50 sprockets if you want that kind of snap with your WR-250X.

I'm using 12/47 on my larger-wheeled WR-250R, and taking off from a stop with full throttle gets a nice wheelie in first and second, and acelleration is mighty fine. 🤣

The bike still hits 84mph on flat ground.

Cruising at 60mph feels nice.